Question about M4L and Pluggo devices

Questions and discussion about building and using Max for Live devices
foxymethoxy

Question about M4L and Pluggo devices

Post by foxymethoxy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:38 pm

Hello all. I am in the market for some new fx plugins and while I've certainly found some that I like, I have a nagging sensation that anything I want can be done/has been done for M4L. So I'm curious and a can really find a good answer for this from searching on the web, but what Pluggo/other plugins come with M4L? Reverbs? Filters? I'm inevitably going to have to buy M4L anyways, but I won't really have time to dive into it like I want to until the summer, and right now I just want some plugins. Is it worth the money right now or should I wait until I have more time to fully explore it?

Gregory Taylor

Re: Question about M4L and Pluggo devices

Post by Gregory Taylor » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:03 pm

If you're at all familiar with Pluggo, then the following audio effects devices have been "ported" to Max for Live (i.e., they're part of the package and, like everything else in M4L, they can be edited to your heart's content):

Audio Rate Pan, Average Injector, Chamberverb, Chorus x2, Comber, Cyclotron, Dynamical, Feedback Network, FilterTaps, Flange-o-tron, Fragulator, Generic Effect, Granular-to-go, Harmonic Filter, Mangle Filter, Max Audio Effect, Max Instrument, Max Midi Effect, Monster Crunch, Nebula, Noyzckippr, Pendulum, Phase Scope, Phone Filter, PluggoFuzz, Raindrops, Rye, Space Echo, Spectral Filter, Speed Shifter, SquirrelParade, Stereo Adjuster, Stutterer, Swirl, Tapped Delay, Tremellow, Vibrato Cauldron, Warpoon, Wasteband, Waveshaper, Wheat, Xformer

Likewise, the following MIDI Instruments are included:

Additive Heaven, Analogue Drums, Bassline, Big Ben Bell, Flying Waves, Laverne, Shephard Tones, Vocalese

vanceg

Post by vanceg » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:13 am

I wouldn't stop there, Gregory: I'd mention also that M4L includes some really interesting new plugins which were not included with Pluggo such as:

Buffer Shuffler,Auto Ring Mod, Cut Killer,Spectral Delay and Spectral Harm are a few off the top of my head. Some of these are included as "building blocks" from which one might create new plugins....yet they are quite functional as they are and are quite interesting plugins in and of themselves.

I'd say - If you are going to end up with M4L at some point pretty soon - then dive on in: the water is wonderful!

Vance

Gregory Taylor wrote:If you're at all familiar with Pluggo, then the following audio effects devices have been "ported" to Max for Live (i.e., they're part of the package and, like everything else in M4L, they can be edited to your heart's content):

Audio Rate Pan, Average Injector, Chamberverb, Chorus x2, Comber, Cyclotron, Dynamical, Feedback Network, FilterTaps, Flange-o-tron, Fragulator, Generic Effect, Granular-to-go, Harmonic Filter, Mangle Filter, Max Audio Effect, Max Instrument, Max Midi Effect, Monster Crunch, Nebula, Noyzckippr, Pendulum, Phase Scope, Phone Filter, PluggoFuzz, Raindrops, Rye, Space Echo, Spectral Filter, Speed Shifter, SquirrelParade, Stereo Adjuster, Stutterer, Swirl, Tapped Delay, Tremellow, Vibrato Cauldron, Warpoon, Wasteband, Waveshaper, Wheat, Xformer

Likewise, the following MIDI Instruments are included:

Additive Heaven, Analogue Drums, Bassline, Big Ben Bell, Flying Waves, Laverne, Shephard Tones, Vocalese
Latptop:
MacBook Pro 2.33, RME Fireface 400, iPad running TouchOSC, VG-99 processor, SoftStep foot pedal (2)

Desktop:
MacPro 3.15Ghz, 8GB RAM, Maudio Profire, Eventide H8000, Eventide Eclipse.

foxymethoxy

Post by foxymethoxy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Thanks a lot that was exactly what I wanted to know