Free entry: Max/Max for Live Workshop March 15-18

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
DarwinGrosse

Free entry: Max/Max for Live Workshop March 15-18

Post by DarwinGrosse » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:03 pm

We posted an earlier note about a workshop that we are doing in Madison, WI on March 15-18. I'm going to be teaching this with Gregory Taylor, and we are going to introduce a new curriculum for teaching Max beginners.

In order to get more "test subjects", we are offering free admittance to the first 10 people that sign up. Since this is a "$0" fee, you don't sign up through our normal store procedure: instead, send me a direct email at ddg@cycling74.com or PM me on this board.

You will still get the 9-month Max-MSP license, so there is no difference from a normal workshop. Please note, though, that this is a beginner's workshop, so you shouldn't sign up if you are an experienced Max user.

Thanks for your attention, and I hope to see you in Madison!

[ddg]
Darwin Grosse

Lee Sullivan

Re: Free entry: Max/Max for Live Workshop March 15-18

Post by Lee Sullivan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:37 pm

Hi

This is just fantastic but unfortunately too short notice for me.

Are you planning to do something similar here in the UK?

I am certain you'd get plenty of takers. I can help with planning, provide university space and accomodation.

Hope to see you in the UK or somewhere a little closer

Regards

Lee.
Ableton Certified Trainer
Apple Certified Trainer
MBP 2.8 4GB Mac OSX 10.6 Live 8.1.5 M4L APC40

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:39 am

Re:New Digital Arts Festival in Copenhagen in May will have a two-day workshop which I suspect will be similar to this. I don't know of any freebies though, but you'll save on air fare ;)
http://re-new.org/max-for-live-workshop/
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

FlightPlan

Post by FlightPlan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:49 pm

any chance you'll be coming to the NYC area anytime soon?

Gregory Taylor

Post by Gregory Taylor » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Not really - it is our general practice, in many/most cases, to *not* do Max workshops in places where there are already arts organizations who derive their income from doing Max workshops. There is an upcoming workshop at Harvestworks in NYC that was recently listed here on the board, so you should be in good shape. While some of the things that we have preferred to do might be a little different [i.e. trying to be aggressive in making sure that people really *are* beginners], I expect that you'd find their curricular offerings just fine.

Gregory Taylor

Post by Gregory Taylor » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:10 pm

Re:New Digital Arts Festival in Copenhagen in May will have a two-day workshop which I suspect will be similar to this. I don't know of any freebies though, but you'll save on air fare ;)
Yep. It, too, is intended for beginners only - it'll certainly be shorter, so the content will vary a bit, too.