pictslider causing automation to be disabled

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
oddeo

pictslider causing automation to be disabled

Post by oddeo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:53 pm

I used a picslider object to create an X-Y pad. The outputs are routed to two live.slider objects (see image). The idea was to be able to record automation of the live.sliders using the picslider. To make the picslider snap back to the center when the mouse is released I used a mousestate

When in the arrangement view I can click record, move the pictslider "knob" using the mouse, the X and Y sliders move accordingly, and the arrangement view shows the automation being recorded in the automation lane. The problem is that this causes the "Back to Arrangement" button to turn on and the automation is not performed. I tried clicking the back to arrangement button starting the transport before area with automation, but when the transport arrived at the automation the button is lit back up and the automation is disabled.

If anyone can help me understand what is happening I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for the help.

Live Suite 12 / Push 3S / MacBook Pro M1 Max 64G RAM / SS Prophet 6 / Moog Minitaur / TR-8S / Zen Delay / BigSky / Yaeltex Custom / APC40 Mk2 / KeyLab Mk2 / BCR2000 / FCB 1010 / UA Apollo 8 / other random gear