Live set Load Bang?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Gravis

Live set Load Bang?

Post by Gravis » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:51 am

Hey guys

I'm at work at the moment so dont have max/ableton to look at, but is there a bang that gets sent out to max patches when the live set is loaded?

i.e i save a live set with a max patch in it, then i shutdown Ableton Live, then i reopen Live and load my set up. I'd like my patch to know when this occurs and 'do its thing' (it maps clips onto my monome)

Cheers :)
iMac G5 2.16 | Echo AudioFire12 | Xone 92 | Live 8 + M4L | Trigger Finger | Monome 256 | Kenton Killamix Mini | Truth 3031A

julienb

Re: Live set Load Bang?

Post by julienb » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:24 pm

Gravis wrote:Hey guys

I'm at work at the moment so dont have max/ableton to look at, but is there a bang that gets sent out to max patches when the live set is loaded?

i.e i save a live set with a max patch in it, then i shutdown Ableton Live, then i reopen Live and load my set up. I'd like my patch to know when this occurs and 'do its thing' (it maps clips onto my monome)

Cheers :)

afaik and as I tested, there isn't any object for that.

empirically, I tested and found that return track seems to be the last object assigned ( here and there
so, if you track this error, when it doesn't happen anymore means the liveset is all loaded
it is a very very ugly and raw workaround but you can try it if you don't have anything else...

personnaly, with the protodeck, I load the set, I click one time on my init button and voila.
Julien Bayle
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

art + teaching/consulting
ableton certified trainer
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gravis

Post by Gravis » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:47 pm

So you just have a button which essentially calls a function and do it that way?
iMac G5 2.16 | Echo AudioFire12 | Xone 92 | Live 8 + M4L | Trigger Finger | Monome 256 | Kenton Killamix Mini | Truth 3031A

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:19 pm

Gravis wrote:So you just have a button which essentially calls a function and do it that way?
I suggest looking into pattr. Use it for loading and storing the data you need. Make it store to pattr automatically, I personally let it save when the transport stops. Then the next time the set is loaded, the pattr stuff will recall the last stored value.
If you need multiple presets, use pattrstorage.