Monomodular Thread (b994: Max6 Compatibility)

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
macciza

Re: Monomodular Thread (New m4l based Installers)

Post by macciza » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:11 am

Hi

Installed Monomodular the other day -OSX10.6.8 Live 8.2.6 . . .
Noticed that some files did not install due to permission issues but not sure which . . .
Could not really get things running - trying to implement AumPad on Lemur . . .

Later I 'sudo'd Lives startup and reran the MonMod installer - no errors noticed . .

Somewhere in all this Live has really gone downhill . . .
Audio load in Live continues to climb to 250% and beyond . . .
CPU load(ActivityMonitor) over 100% and gradually increasing memory.

Not sure if it is because of Monomod? Will try to de-install and see what happens.
Will send report to Live as well . . . .

Cheers
MM

amounra93

Post by amounra93 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:23 am

Sorry to hear you're having those problems. I don't know exactly what's going on, but it doesn't sound like anything other users have reported from using Monomodular. More likely it had something to do with changing permissions. I would use Disk Utility to repair permissions on your System drive before proceeding.

Unless you actually use the mod files in a set (or invoke the Remote Scripts in Live's MIDI Preferences), there's not much that could be doing that. There are no background processes or 'executables' or anything in the package, just good old fashioned m4l patches and Python remote scripts.

The installer is just a shortcut to installing those files in the right places, since there are a lot of different files to move and several different places that they have to be. If you check the wiki out, there is a description of where the files are supposed to go, and you can easily move them to the right places yourself (which is how we all did it before the installer existed). In fact, it just uses simple cp and mkdir commands in a shell to move files from the installation bundle (presumably the svn source, since that's the only place I have it available right now) to the folders you've chosen in the installer's user interface. It parses Live's log.txt to try to determine the right places.

Still, I certainly want to know if something isn't working right. Let me know if you can't figure things out, I'm glad to help if I can. I recommend taking a look at Live's log.text file (or send it to me to have a look) and maybe just open Console.app to see if you can see any other weirdness happening. Please let me know what you find out.

For future reference of anyone else reading this, I wouldn't recommending 'sudo'ing' the Live process to get things working. Better to just fix permissions the normal way with Disk Utility and try the installer again. If that fails, just place the files manually, there aren't all that many.

You might try zipping up Live's preferences so that it will generate new ones (or just toss them), and you can also rename your Live 8.26 folder and download a fresh copy....just a few things to try. If you can't get it worked out, hit me back.

Cheers,

a
http://www.aumhaa.com for Monomod and other m4l goodies.

macciza

Post by macciza » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi

My most humble apologies for a case of jumping to an early wrong conclusion . . .

Apart from the initial issue of some of the files not being copied during install due to permissions all is good.
The problem I was experiencing was in no way related to your Monomodular package

Sorry to have caused any alarm for you,

Cheers
MM

amounra93

Post by amounra93 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:01 pm

No worries, man. Hope you got it worked out! (What was the issue?)

If you need help getting AumPad to work, feel free to drop me some mail, I'm sure I can get you going :)

a

macciza

Post by macciza » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:43 am

Hi

It was actually a M4l patch which I thought was deleted but on another channel at a save point . . .

For some reason it only functions properly when Max editor gets opened, otherwise massive memory/audio issues!
Fully licensed with both apps, so not sure what the issue is -still investigating, any suggestion?
I get no other warnings in Console etc only Live failing bigtime, runaway memory and overloading audio.
Any suggestions for possible culprits

Will get back to you when I re-investigate Monomodular and Lemur shortly . . .

Cheers
MM

amounra93

Re: Monomodular Thread (New MonoLinkClient)

Post by amounra93 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:09 am

Monomodular is up to b993 now....you can download the content here:

http://www.aumhaa.com/Monomodular/Monomodular_b993.zip

There's a changelog with the content, and you can also read about the new additions here:

http://www.aumhaa.com/wp

Cheers :)

a

uberdrums

Re: Monomodular Thread (b993: New MonoLinkClient)

Post by uberdrums » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:34 am

I downloaded Monomod a couple of weeks ago, and I love it!
Hats off to you for all the hard work you have put in.

Sometimes I get the odd crash, and it does seem to take a long time to load.
But other than that it works pretty flawlessly for me.

Great work!

amounra93

Post by amounra93 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:23 am

Hey uber,

Thanks for the grats. It's really nice to know when people are having success!

I'd love to hear about the crashes (I don't really get any Monomodular related crashes these days, unless I'm trying to update from old versions to new ones).

Load speed is an issue for me, as well, but I always assume it's because my test-set contains something like 30+ aumhaa plugs/mods and uses 4 different Monomodular controllers. Usually with more modest sets, I get normal load times. How much stuff are you running, just out of curiousity?

a

uberdrums

Post by uberdrums » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:19 am

I am just running the a couple of cafe presses and a tr262 with a launchpad as the controller. The loading times are acceptable for the amount of function etc... I would always wait longer for something stable in use.
The more I use it the more stable it seems to be. I think it was when I first reloaded a project I didn't wait long enough and started clicking things - that made it crash.

My only wish is that I had more buttons on my launchpad!

Great job Amounra! Your tutorials on Y'tube really helped aswell as I don't think I could have got it working or understood how to use the monome devices without them.

I haven't used it for a while, have been doing my own thing with M4L recently. I have some big ideas but pretty much no skill. :roll:

zigzag

Post by zigzag » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:16 am

Hello,

I'm trying to setup the (ipad lemur) monoemur v3 patch to use serialosc monome apps but had no luck.
It seems that serialosc monome apps assign a random port which the monoemur maxpatch does not know, but I might be wrong.
Do you know if using monomodular can help getting serialosc monome apps to talk to a lemur ipad monoemur template??
I've tried browsing the monomodular wiki but could not find any solid reference towards this usage path.

best

amounra93

Post by amounra93 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:40 am

Monomodular has its own monome template for Lemur (Aum256). It will not help you with Monoemur, but it can be used to connect to SerialOSC monome patches by itself. It currently requires m4l for the Lemur connectivity.

amounra93

New beta release: b994 w/Max6 compatibility

Post by amounra93 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:21 am

Hey guys,

Just a quick note to let you know that b994 has been released. The new version contains, among other things, fixes for Max 6 compatibility. There are a lot of other additions as well, you can find out more over at my blog:

http://www.aumhaa.com