Schwartzinator Reverse Engineering

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
boddhisattva007

Schwartzinator Reverse Engineering

Post by boddhisattva007 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:50 am

I need help. I want to reverse engineer the Schwartzinator Max4Live device and it's small companion device so that I can create my own scales and have chords played correctly in my chosen scale. Can anyone help me do this? I am a firm believer in the "teach a man to fish and he can feed himself" ethos, can anyone point me in the right direction? I really don't know Max and feel like it will take forever to learn to be able to put together a device like the schwartzinator on my own, but I am willing to give it a shot. Is there an easy way to edit the schwartzinator so that I can create my own scale/key of the chords?

Thanks in advance,
B

bulo

Re: Schwartzinator Reverse Engineering

Post by bulo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:57 am

Is there an easy way to edit the schwartzinator so that I can create my own scale/key of the chords?
Yes... If you learn Max.
Maybe you can spend days looking at the patch to discover what happens, but you'd better not believe you're a genius and taking some time to learn it. The documentation is well done and it's funny to learn.
My tongue spits english like a frog and my head is currently searching for a comprehensive language.
And I shit here

mode:masters

Re: Schwartzinator Reverse Engineering

Post by mode:masters » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:42 am

have a look at http://www.schwarzonator.com

in the forum there you can find people doing exactly that.

There is also a feature request section.