Looking for an experienced M4L programmer for paid proj.

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
AudioRuso

Looking for an experienced M4L programmer for paid proj.

Post by AudioRuso » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:06 pm

Dear Abletonians,

I really need to get back into this forum but I have no time for it. Nor do I have time to wrap my head around m4l. Does anyone else have this problem? I am an an experienced programmer with a solid background in most common programming languages.... I even go into the other visual programming environments like LabView and I even get Synth Maker. I spent a lot longer dinking around in Max4Live with no interesting results which is the longest I've spent on a language. :oops:

Bottom line for you, I don't have time to learn a language. I need a relatively simple schematic done to my specs. The key idea is to form a bridge from live via OSC and UDP sockets into my multi touch control library. I will send requests, your schematic will answer with useful information or respond do basic commands.

I am looking for a clean programmer... clean meaning with experience OTHER than Max4Live so you understand things like memory management and proper (de)construction...

You can be anywhere in the world if you can trust me but I would really prefer someone within the US or someone who speaks either good English or Russian and has Skype and a microphone to have a telephone conversation about the project goals.

This should not be a full scale project, but only a small part of the code. The payment would be an agreed upon price which is negotiable based on experience, background and any creative feedback.

Even better.... I would pay you to teach me M4L over skype or something so we can sit down, share screens and poke around.

The problem is, with my full time programming job, music career, and other every day tasks, the last thing I want to do is to learn the language myself. And I do not like to learn from tutorials.

If you are interested, please email ruso@audio-ruso.com. If I like how you work, there will be future projects. I currently run one of the more advanced live pa rigs and I am really hacking ableton to pieces for this one ;)

Myralfur

Re: Looking for an experienced M4L programmer for paid proj.

Post by Myralfur » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:32 pm

Hey,

Sounds like a really interesting project.

I'm an experienced Max and M4L programmer, but can't say I'm that clued up on most other languages. I do quite a lot of HTML for my website, for which I use TextMate, just pure code. I've also done a fair bit of Python adapting ST8's LiveOSC and LiveControl app for the monome.

So I probably won't fit your criteria exactly but just wanted to let you know I'm here if no one else turns up.

Also just to say I'm working on a project to make the entire Live API available via OSC from Max4Live. I'd previously been using ST8's LiveOSC script, but my knowledge of Python (or lack of) and desire to learn more about the Live API in a programming language I am better versed in led me to my current project.

The project is currently focused on getting everything working and testing it out using apps built for my Monome. But eventually I'd like anyone to be able to connect any number of OSC, Midi or Hi devices to easy to set-up satellite routing apps which would communicate with one Hub application.

The current version can be downloaded here: http://post.monome.org/comments.php?DiscussionID=8792

There's also an ableton thread here: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=146364

I'd be happy to share any knowledge I've learnt of the Live API along the way by skype or any other means.

Hope it goes well, let me know if you need anything.

Mudo

Re: Looking for an experienced M4L programmer for paid proj.

Post by Mudo » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:04 pm

Hi Myr,

I think that a workgroup with you, st8 and Mr. Ruso will be great!

If you make something interesting and want to share it, notice me. I will very glad to spread it throught my regular difussion channels.

;)