LFO for any macro knob

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
hedflux

LFO for any macro knob

Post by hedflux » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:30 pm

Hi,

I bought maxforlive a few months ago, but have not yet made the time to learn it. I'm such a noob, I can't even figure out how to make the simple gain stage provided in Ableton's video!

One thing I would like, is to have an LFO device which can modulate macro knobs in an instrument or effect rack. It sounds simple enough, is it possible?

I think it would be a cool first project for me to get into it, and i'd appreciate any help/pointers getting started.

Many thanks,
Steve

drchoc

Re: LFO for any macro knob

Post by drchoc » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi Steve,

There are several LFO devices available (http://maxforlive.com)and I just checked the one from Trackteam audio TTSidechainer0.9 and that can definitely modulate macro knobs. I seem to recall people discussing an issue with modulating knobs in nested racks though.

:mrgreen:

Cheers

Immon

geo

Post by geo » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:02 pm

The only max4live LFO that I could find that can modulate a macro knob is the one included in the Puremagnetik Max Fuel bundle. It's called El Effo. But I am pretty sure there should be others?

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:10 pm

LineFO @ maxforlive.com works great if you open it up and take the "scale" out from in-between the knob and the M4L.api.DeviceRemoteParameter

Just hook the knob directly up to the live.remote. Make sure your knobs range is from 0 - 127.

hedflux

Post by hedflux » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:23 pm

Thanks guys! I'll check these out ....