before jumping in

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
hussey

before jumping in

Post by hussey » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:23 pm

Have my 250 and ready to splash but was just looking for some last minute feedback on M4l. im into creating experimental music and what can be achieved in max/msp is unreal. I have gathered all the resources together to learn max/msp but their is still this niggling little doubt that i wont understand the application. Im willing to learn for sure but is their a reason for me to feel like this? Also i know that the tutorials are the best place for learning but does anyone have any techniques for learning e.g one tutorial a day etc....

Any feedback is really appreciated

flowdesigner

Re: before jumping in

Post by flowdesigner » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:20 pm

Hey man,

If you dont have any experience with programming or dsp, and suck at math, have bad organizational skills, and smoke a spliff first thing in the morning, I guess you will struggle a bit learning this stuff :)
It is a bit more complicated than flipping the Reason rack around, but, if you focus on a little part of MAx, like building midi gadgets, its not that hard

I say go for it!

flowdesigner

Re: before jumping in

Post by flowdesigner » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:54 pm

ShelLuser wrote:The most important part is that you're willing to dive straight in and spend several hours if not days on learning this stuff.
Several hours or days...this is what makes me feel pretty dumb :|

Do you have an IQ > 150 or something?