Patches only working sometimes?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
sundar

Patches only working sometimes?

Post by sundar » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:41 am

Hello

I've been building a fairly elaborate set in M4L, using a great deal of signal processing of audio files, much of which I programmed with Max. Now one audio effect patch that I programmed, that uses FFT-based signal processing, only seems to work some of the time. It's hard to explain... For example, today I made an updated version of the set and the patch worked. Then I kept the set exactly the same and just added the audio for the next section of music, with a new audio effect rack for that section. Once I saved this, my audio effect patch was not working any longer. It still LOOKS like it's working. It switches on when cued etc. But the audio effect is no longer audible, even when I render audio to disc. Every other audio effect works fine. It's just this one that is temperamental. I use it at several important points in this piece (which I need to finish soon as part of a PhD dissertation project!). Has anyone experienced something similar? I know this is fairly general but I'm not sure how to get more specific without actually getting into the nitty-gritty of the patch design.

Thanks

hoffman2k

Re: Patches only working sometimes?

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Does it work properly after reloading a set or device?
If you save a complex device and switch between edit mode and perform mode, there is always the possibility that the device isn't initialized properly. Like loadbang firing when you load a device, but not after saving it.

You'll probably need to post the device to get some more feedback in case its none of the above.