audio to midi trigger in m4l

Questions and discussion about building and using Max for Live devices
rude_NHS

audio to midi trigger in m4l

Post by rude_NHS » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:59 pm

hello. i want to mic up a kick drum, then route that signal into max where i could covert it to a midi trigger, to say trigger a bass note.

sounds like something that could be easily achieve in max, but i figured the routing from audio to midi in ableton would make it more challenging. any ideas on where to start?

thanks
:)

ShelLuser

Re: audio to midi trigger in m4l

Post by ShelLuser » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:34 pm

Should be relatively easy... My AutoRec2 patch is well capable of performing a certain action when it receives a current audio signal (the official function is to start global record when an audio signal comes in).

The action is fully defined in a subpatcher; so change that and you're good to go.

As to getting midi out... I'd simply use this patch as an audio effect (obviously; to get access to the audio input) and create a 2nd patch which should be a midi effect. Getting a signal from one patch into the other can be done with send/receive.
With kind regards,

Peter

Using the 'Power' Trio: Live 10 Suite (+ Push & Max 8 ), Reason 10 and Maschine Mk3 (+ the ultimate Komplete 12).
Blog: SynthFan (under heavy construction!)

bulo

Post by bulo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:02 pm

No, the best solution is to implement a sampler into the audio effect. :wink:
If you're not taking SellUser's patch as a starting point, you should go to search for an external called bonk~ , it's especially designed for percussive sounds detection .
My tongue spits english like a frog and my head is currently searching for a comprehensive language.
And I shit here

rude_NHS

Post by rude_NHS » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:31 pm

bulo wrote:No, the best solution is to implement a sampler into the audio effect. :wink:
If you're not taking SellUser's patch as a starting point, you should go to search for an external called bonk~ , it's especially designed for percussive sounds detection .
cool. thanks for the hint :)