Install problem

Questions and discussion about building and using Max for Live devices
Behaviour

Install problem

Post by Behaviour » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Newbie question here

I have just downloaded max for live but when I started ableton I selected the wrong option and it did not install max for live into ableton

I have max for live downloaded and installed how do I get ableton to recognise it? so it installs into ableton

Cheers

B

ShelLuser

Re: Install problem

Post by ShelLuser » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:48 pm

Ok; you downloaded Max from here (link) (not to confuse you but what you download is "Max", and "Max" is used to start Max for Live) and when you say "chose wrong option" I assume you mean that you said "no" where you should have said 'yes' when Live wanted to update your library ?

No worries.

First you can try starting Live again (I think that should work, but I'm not sure).

If that does not work then...

Open a browser (file browser) and go to the place where you installed Max (I assume you used the defaults). So if you're on Windows it should be somewhere in the likes of: "C:\program files\cycling 74\max 5\".

Now: find the following folders: support\LivePacks (so; you find a folder 'support', in there is another folder 'LivePacks').

There you'll find 'MaxForLiveContent.alp'. Open Live, drag and dropthis in and let it install.

Now you should be ok.

Just to be 100% sure: Open your preference screen and check the "File Folder" tab. Find the section called "Max application" and make sure that the path you see there matches the one you went to above.

(I think you don't need to worry but I like my answers to cover as much detail and options as possible).

Hope this helps!
With kind regards,

Peter

Using the 'Power' Trio: Live 10 Suite (+ Push & Max 8 ), Reason 10 and Maschine Mk3 (+ the ultimate Komplete 12).
Blog: SynthFan (under heavy construction!)

epiphanius

Re: Install problem

Post by epiphanius » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:41 am

May all the gods and godesses bless you, ShelLuser. I spent hours trying to get this to work before reading your post.

Thank you!

e.