Can you get wirless MIDI from rock band keyboard into Max?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Gmix

Can you get wirless MIDI from rock band keyboard into Max?

Post by Gmix » Fri May 13, 2011 3:08 pm

I'm not sure what kind of protocol rock band controllers use to transmit, but if it's over bluetooth like the wii remote, shouldn't you be able to get MIDI wirelessly from the rock band keyboard controller? I know it comes with a MIDI out port, but if it's set up to send MIDI and it works wirelessly with xbox/playstation/wii consoles, is it possible to get that info into Max somehow?

Please let me know if anyone has had success doing this with any version of the rockband keyboard. I don't own one yet but I'm leaning toward purchasing the Wii version, because it seems that if the aka.wiiremote object can receive controller input from the wii remote than hopefully the wii rock band controller can do the same. Unless the MIDI messages miraculously appear through the hi object, I understand this will probably require developing a seperate external for Max. Surely someone else has been curious about getting wireless MIDI from the rockband keyboard (or other controllers), so if you have heard anything about something already in development please let me know. On a similar note, has anyone been able to get wireless control data from just a basic video game controller like the xbox 360 or playstation 3 wireless controllers?

Thanks,
G

Gmix

Re: Can you get wirless MIDI from rock band keyboard into Max?

Post by Gmix » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:42 pm

In case anyone was wondering... yes, you can with the wii version using hi. just had to convert the binary code to midi.