live.numbox inside bpatcher parameters not updating.....

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
sacredgeometry

live.numbox inside bpatcher parameters not updating.....

Post by sacredgeometry » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:21 pm

... It is as simple as the title is, I have a bunch of live.numboxes and have them inside a bpatcher (with offset to add a tabbed view to the main patcher.) But the parameters once changed in either the inspector or the parameter window are not showing up in live. Its sporadic, sometimes it works sometimes it does, Is there a way to force the refresh in ableton, or something else i'm missing. I cant imagine why it isnt a very simple thing, has anyone else experienced this "bug"(?)

Thanks

Brian
Peace + Hugs

Brian

S4racen

Re: live.numbox inside bpatcher parameters not updating.....

Post by S4racen » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:28 pm

I cant really see what you mean but i have had intermittently (rarely) were objects clearly in presentation view don't get seen in the Ableton GUI, reloading the template always brings them back though so don't know why and cant reproduce....

Cheers
D

sacredgeometry

Re: live.numbox inside bpatcher parameters not updating.....

Post by sacredgeometry » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:47 pm

S4racen wrote:I cant really see what you mean but i have had intermittently (rarely) were objects clearly in presentation view don't get seen in the Ableton GUI, reloading the template always brings them back though so don't know why and cant reproduce....

Cheers
D
Thats what I thought, hmmm ok just to make sure, what name do you have to edit to change the parameter name? Just to wittle away the chance for user error.

heres a closer look at the params
the patch is literally two levels very simple, all you can see is pretty much it, as its just translating ccs to params so automation data is easier to work with on a hardware synth. Those ctin -> numbox -> ctouts are contained in a bpatcher and thats it.

Last edited by sacredgeometry on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peace + Hugs

Brian

sacredgeometry

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Post by sacredgeometry » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:59 pm

SOLUTION

I was editing the params in the bpatcher when i should have been doing it from the main .amxd file

Peace + Hugs

Brian