Switch pan to another send at the APC40

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
yellow

Switch pan to another send at the APC40

Post by yellow » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:52 am

Hey,
now that i'm a lucky user of M4L i would like to change the behavior of the pan section of the APC40. The pan section should act like a fourth send section.
What can i do?

cheers
ylo

S4racen

Re: Switch pan to another send at the APC40

Post by S4racen » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:08 am

Build a device that focuses on the fourth send and directly midi map to it, the encoders cannot be easily disabled so don't spend your life trying!

Cheers
D

Pitchthrill

Post by Pitchthrill » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:52 pm

I did many hours of Midi Remote Scripting. I am very sure you could solve it that way with - in case you already did some scripting - reasonable effort. I am not saying it is easy! but feasible.
I completely said good bye to almost all the predefined mappings of the APC40 (almost everything, but clip matrix, stop clip buttons and the scene buttons). I map everything manually, because i don't have more than 8 tracks and i think it's more flexible to handle when my set changes. and that changes almost every week ;)

Pitchthrill
Last edited by Pitchthrill on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:55 pm

I could be done with Remote Scripting. Hanz Pertov's scripts does somehthing similar, as to how, I havent a clue.

I am just at the early stages of learning python.

amounra93

Post by amounra93 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:43 pm

I've released several modified versions of Hanz's script that turn the pan into a fourth send (along with lots of other cool stuff) ...you can find them via my blog. If your not interested in using the scripts as they are, you can always pull out the pertinent sections and modify them to your own tastes. Unfortunately, doing stuff with the APC to override basic built in functionality of the script is rather difficult, as it involves defeating some of the ModeSelectorComponents that are built into the script, which, while having the desired effect, will also cause other things not to work properly.

If you want to do it with m4l, it can be done (I did it with js and api objects in the first release of Monomod that supported the APC), but its a pain.

Darren Cowley is the one to ask....he probably knows more conventional ways of doing things like this with m4l and the APC. (edit::I see he's already replied)
http://www.aumhaa.com for Monomod and other m4l goodies.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:41 pm

Hi Yellow, Apologies for the delay, i should get some time this week, just have had some personal stuff to sort through...

Cheers
D

yellow

Post by yellow » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:28 pm

No problem man. :)

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Which is dragging on like a bitch..... but im not bitter!!

Cheers
D