Ever heard of 4ms RCD and SCM modules?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Johnisfaster

Ever heard of 4ms RCD and SCM modules?

Post by Johnisfaster » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:09 pm

They are eurorack modules for generating gates with interesting controls. Look them up on youtube if youre not familiar.

Im really hoping to get both made in max for live. Someone recreated them in reaktor but I dont have reaktor.

Ideally a midi clip would sent notes (as clock gates) into the "module" and the various gate outs would simple each output a different note. Slap a drum rack on the other side and youre ready to go. Id love to clock it via midi clip notes because that affords the ability to use the groovepool on the "clock". The rotate feature would be really great to automate in the clips.

Anybody into the idea? Its way beyond my skill set.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

amounra93

Re: Ever heard of 4ms RCD and SCM modules?

Post by amounra93 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:29 am

I'm going after this sort of thing with Monomodular....there is a new plugin arriving with the next update that will do something similar to what you are talking about, as well as new timing modules for most of the current plugins that will react to it (or standard midi clips, or whatever you assign it to receive as timing triggers). I'm definitely interested in this sort of thing, but don't have any familiarity with RCD or SCM, so I might be missing the point slightly.

a
http://www.aumhaa.com for Monomod and other m4l goodies.

Johnisfaster

Re: Ever heard of 4ms RCD and SCM modules?

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:01 pm

Sounds cool.

The basic idea of those modules is that each output sends out a multiple or division of time as a gate with the unique ability to "rotate" which output sends what multiple or division. The RCD divodes, SCM multplies.

RCD outputs division if 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. If you were to rotate that it would be 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1 or 3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2 and so on. So fancy automation can yield interesting patterns.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.