Drum-o-Box is a step sequencer inspired by the sequencer part of some old school drum machines, but with some nice additions and usable with the Akai APC40 controller. It has been designed to control a drum rack, but you can also use it to control any MIDI instrument you want.
Some interesting features :
- Automatic toggle the APC40 from sequencer to session control modes.
- Very intuitive interface allows you to select/play/hear instruments, mute/unmute instruments, select bar, set loop lenght, program beats and velocity, select/play patterns, and more, right from your APC40.
- Patterns can be launched by MIDI (trigger mode, gate mode, sync to transport or free run)
- Easy copy patterns to MIDI clips
- Multiple configurable velocity states
- Patterns can have loop lenghts up to 8 bars
- Configurable MIDI output for each instrument/track
- Patterns are saved with Live project
Free download of the M4L device here : http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=944
User guide with APC40 layout : https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id ... adqax53coA
Please follow me on Twitter for updates and support : http://twitter.com/____FBO____, Send issues to fbo dot music at gmail dot com
I hope you'll enjoy it !