Max API devices lose target after reloading set.

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Vors

Max API devices lose target after reloading set.

Post by Vors » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:00 am

Not sure which version of Live this started in, but I just recently realised that none of my recent sets load with any targets set for the max API LFO devices etc. Currently using latest beta 8.2.7b3, noticed first in 8.2.7. Also loading sets in earlier versions does not fix the problem. Any saved rack presets load without the targets as well, kinda makes them a bit useless...

mauriziogiri

Re: Max API devices lose target after reloading set.

Post by mauriziogiri » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:21 pm

I have live 2.6, max 5.1.9, and I can confirm that all API devices in the M4L API lessons sets have lost their targets...I tried to repair the library but it didn't work: does somebody know a fix?
My recent sets are still ok (no target lost) however I'm a little worried about this.

m

pid

Post by pid » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:21 pm

oh my god. this sounds like the dreaded nightmare max 5.1.4 pattr bug back again! please no!

...i'm gonna go check stuff and report back.

in the meantime someone should tell jeremy bernstein just in case.

p.s. - does rolling back to 5.1.8 fix it?
3dot... wrote: in short.. we live in disappointing times..

mauriziogiri

Post by mauriziogiri » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Unfortunately Max 5.1.8 is not available on cycling74 so I can't try it, but switching to max 6 doesn't solve the problem.

m

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:05 pm

Set teh settings within it for consitent mapping, attach a getid message to the left inlet and trigger this with a live.thisdevice, route the output with a route id and send it to the right inlet....

Recall settings? Done i think...

Cheers
D

mauriziogiri

Post by mauriziogiri » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi Saracen, thank you for the suggestion. However I'm not talking about my devices, but about standard cycling74/ableton devices which contain more or less the procedure you describe. For instance "Max Api ADial.amxd".
As I said these devices lost target in the Live sets associated with the API lessons that come with the M4L standard library. I don't know if this happened to my system only or is a general bug. For instance, could you confirm that the live set "API 0! Starters" that you can launch opening the lesson "Basic Mapping Tools", has not lost targets in your computer?

TIA
m

pid

Post by pid » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:04 pm

hi there.

ok, i can confirm, on 5.1.9, that those basic live sets of tutorials with the api are not working. as maurizio says, all max api devices have lost there target settings. these tutorials definitely used to work for me, as i remember checking them all when they came out (5.1.7 or 5.1.8 i think).

this is very bad news. can someone else check?

perhaps it is some strange issue to do with having max6 installed and switching between that and version 5 for live use? could someone with no max6 installed check?

i suspect the issue is with the javascript file that underpins all those devices. it changed for max6 and maybe some residual element is problematic?

3dot... wrote: in short.. we live in disappointing times..

Vors

Post by Vors » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:50 pm

I've yet to install max 6, it's broken in 5

killingtime

Post by killingtime » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:50 pm

happening here also, live 8.2.6 and max 5.1.9

Vors

Post by Vors » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:03 am

Any news on this bug?