APC40 Utilities patch now available

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
two_masks

APC40 Utilities patch now available

Post by two_masks » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:25 am

After a couple of years of procrastination, I'm finally gearing up to polish and publish the Max for Live patches I've developed for my Live performance rig. First one out of the gate is my APC40 Utilities patch. Features:

1. Metro Scroll: displays a transport-synced scrolling "metronome" on the Track Select Buttons. The scroll completes once-per-bar, with the downbeat synced to the Live transport.

2. Momentary Solo: solo buttons deactivate on release instead of their normal "toggle" behavior.

3. Illuminate Stop: when a clip is playing in one of the first eight tracks of a Live set, the clip stop button associated with that track will be illuminated. Clip stop buttons flash in beat during the final bar of the clip.

4. Track Select Takeover: the eight track select buttons act as momentary switches to control the on/off state of four parameters on two different (selectable) devices. In my performance setup I have these mapped to beat repeat racks on my drums and "everything else" busses.

Grab it here: http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=1024

Nothing revolutionary, but it's priceless in my setup. Hope a few folks find it as useful as I have.

Hermanus

Re: APC40 Utilities patch now available

Post by Hermanus » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:25 pm

awesome.

Thank you for sharing it.

Muzik 4 Machines

Post by Muzik 4 Machines » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:23 am

nice, i did the clip position/bar beats with midi but its a PITA, nice to see a M4L patch

two_masks

Post by two_masks » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:43 pm

Thanks guys, glad you're digging it.

chase

Post by chase » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:53 am

Oh hell yeah. Thanks for posting, this will definitely come in handy.

Where do you play out in SF?

two_masks

Post by two_masks » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:21 am

@chase- I play wherever they'll have me =). I do a lot of work with LoveTech ( http://lovetech.org ), and have played at Mezzanine, Temple, Shine, Il Pirata, Koko, etc.

I actually have a show tonight (Wednesday 2/8) at Madrone on Divisadero if you're free. I'm on at 11pm, no cover. Say hello if you make it out!