VST's synths controlling each other

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Supa Ninja

VST's synths controlling each other

Post by Supa Ninja » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:04 am

I'm on the fence about buying Max for live. I use traktor live so I'm trying to see the full advantages of Max in a production sense other than just a bunch of cool ass manipulators/manglers/beatmashers... I make a lot of dubstep. And I sequence pretty complex LFO wobbles in Massive and I like to stack multiple instances of Massive to build one bass. But the timing can get tricky and it involves a LOT of automation copying here and there everytime I want to change a sequence. I would even like to add other synths to the mix but trying to match two vst's LFO is a pain. Is there a way with Max to either A- control other vst's LFO timing with Massive (I think thats a long shot)... And B) maybe use the amplitube of the original sequences track to control the volume and or filter of another synth (so they work together..) I guess I'm just trying to understand Max for Live more and really the biggest selling point for me would be if it somehow made it easier to gel multiple synths together that move together as one sound. If it can do that I will buy it right now.

BentoSan

Re: VST's synths controlling each other

Post by BentoSan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:49 pm

My approach would be to use one of the LFO m4l patches to use as an LFO instead of massives LFO.
If you dont like the LFO's anyone has to offer then learn to make your own :)

3dot...

Re: VST's synths controlling each other

Post by 3dot... » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:04 am

you can do both A and B... imo..