A Max Objects thread

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Martyn

A Max Objects thread

Post by Martyn » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:31 pm

Would be a very useful sticky to have on the forum imho.

After making a simple reverb from an external from another device (originally found on a french website apparently) earlier in the week, I had a bit of a hunt around the net for other reverb externals that might exist. Lots of obscure old threads and dead links later I found a Gigaverb and Freeverb zip, which work but are a bit flakey. I also found some posted code of a device called yafr(yet another free reverb) and set about converting it to Max for live. It turned out that this external, and an updated version, yafr2, already exist in the max objects installed! I could have saved myself loads of time if I'd have known they were there.

Making a new object and getting the list of objects by clicking the = does not list yafr and yafr2, there's no mention of reverb anywhere. It makes me wonder how many more useful tools are in there, is there a complete list anywhere?

I realise that are lots of External lists around, even a big database, but they seem to be old and rarely updated, with lots of dead links. It made me wonder if we couldn't make a stickied thread where people can post lists of favorite objects and externals that they've discovered or made and some idea of what they do.

I ended up making another little reverb plugin using yafr2, it's probably not going to put Waves out of business but it works well enough, and I learned a fair bit more about Max in the process.

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/1367/rvb