M4L video export?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
exper

M4L video export?

Post by exper » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:43 pm

Hey there, I'm very very new to M4L. Still trying simple tutorials...

Is there a way to export video from a M4L device? Say I want to make a video of my track with the output of the gantz graf device. I tried the usual way of Live's export, but the export video function wasn't selectable...

Is there a M4L device that capture video and saves it?

Thanks!

synnack

Re: M4L video export?

Post by synnack » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:58 am

you can modify the device itself to use a jit.qt.record, or use an external like syphon to get it out.

see http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=34926
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:12 pm

Or maybe have a look at the VIZZable m4l devices.

exper

Post by exper » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Thanks guys ill have a look at those.

chris vine

Post by chris vine » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:44 pm

Have been looking at doing this over the past few days.

Have tried the vizzable ganz graf device - to try to render out of Vizzable, but the Vizzable ganz graf seems to have less definition than the original (modded by Synnack) version, is it "smaller" or WTF? I have a rack with envelope followers/peak devices flipping some parameters in Gantz Graf - it looks really fab, IMHO.

OK so, tried using Fraps (am on win 7, so no syphon for me) as a screen recorder, which seemed acceptable; but when re-rendered in a video editor, it all looked seriously compressed - I assume that Fraps has its own compression method - it IS a screen recorder, after all. Also tried Microsoft expression which seems like rubbish, and yes, I have tried all settings tweaks on Fraps and MExpression......

In the link to the C74 forum that Synnack posted above, there is this:

"i usually use a combination of jit.gl.asyncread and jit.qt.record -
set the jit.qt.record dim to the same dim as your jit.window (the one you render to, (message getsize to your window dumps out the current size)".

Gratz Graf is a GL rending thing I assume.

As a complete Max noob I am diving in the deep end here, and although I am googling about trying to find tutorials, is there anyone that can point me in the right direction as to where I place those jit devices in the patching chain to get an output render from Gantz Graf?

I am in awe of the Vizzable and V-module programmers, they rock.

synnack

Post by synnack » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:14 am

chris vine wrote: "i usually use a combination of jit.gl.asyncread and jit.qt.record -
set the jit.qt.record dim to the same dim as your jit.window (the one you render to, (message getsize to your window dumps out the current size)".

Gratz Graf is a GL rending thing I assume.

As a complete Max noob I am diving in the deep end here, and although I am googling about trying to find tutorials, is there anyone that can point me in the right direction as to where I place those jit devices in the patching chain to get an output render from Gantz Graf?
Take a look at the help patchers for jit.gl.asyncread and jit.qt.record. You will see examples of how they are used, including where to put them.

Or just check out this mod. :-D http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... d-x-record
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

chris vine

Post by chris vine » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Thanks Synnack, a pal of mine did that mod at my request. I like yr video work BTW, nice.

Best, C