Call for Live 9 testing for content from Maxforlive.com

Questions and discussion about building and using Max for Live devices
synnack

Call for Live 9 testing for content from Maxforlive.com

Post by synnack » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:10 am

http://www.maxforlive.com/news/131/call ... -9-testing

Greetings All.

A growing number of device comments seem to reflect issues with devices in the Library and Live 9 and Max 6.1. With the pending release of Live 9 coming in a few weeks, and the inclusion of M4L in Live 9 suite, it is important that we ensure as many of our devices work as expected on the latest version. Imagine being a new Live 9 Suite user, being excited about having M4L now, running over to the Maxforlive.com library, and half the stuff you download does not work. That would suck!

Therefor I would like to ask the following of everyone in the community:

1) If you have access to the Live 9 beta, please test devices you use from the library, and comment freely if you have issues with a particular device in Live 9 so developers can be notified and take action.

2) If you are a device developer, please test your devices with Live 9 and Max 6.1 and fix bugs as necessary. If you do not have access to the beta, you can still post comments on your own devices asking for beta testers, or on the Ableton Live/Cycling74 forums asking for verification your device works with Live 9 and Max 6.1

3) Continue as always noting both the Live and Max version that your device supports when you post your device. This especially important for new devices that use the Gen features of Max 6 that will never work for users who still only have Live 8 and Max 5. If your device works with Live 9 and Max 6.1, then also remember to UPDATE the supported version information for your existing devices.

Thanks all! The Maxforlive.com community is vibrant and growing and the quality of what you all build is paramount to the perceptions of users that Max for Live is a quality product. Help each other out smashing any bugs in the library so the devices work great in Live 9!
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

live_is_live

Re: Call for Live 9 testing for content from Maxforlive.com

Post by live_is_live » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:56 pm

I have this report in Live 9 beta forum. nobody write something about that. the large slowdown problem is only in 32bit Version. Do nobody else get the Problem ?. test b68 now, its same slow

Fast system and HD but Convolution Reverb always need 7-8 sec to load
The load after the drag of a Convolution reverb pro effect need on my system always 7-8 sec, even if max for live is load.
And during this load time lots crackle happen. latency is 20 ms for test.
But when i choose after reverb is load, another IR maybe 5 sec long, the recalc of the reverb need not longer as 1 sec.

I have a Intel i5 760 (4 core 2.8 GHZ) and a SSD 120 GB with sandforge controller and use 32 bit b65

I have max for live essential and IR files and live 9 on SSD( read rate is 270 mb /sec). But drag a reverb pro(i create for test) with a small IR(0.12 sec) for test 02 ambience and small room ->ABLCR Frequency Panned
In a and B same setting and single mode, need a little more as 7 sec

What can be the problem ?. when i load a song the 7- 8 sec are increase to load time, and make all slow down. and if i use 2 convolution reverb time is double

I test now the 64 bit Live version with maxy for live 64 bit. This Version have the Problem not. Same reverb load under 2 sec. So its around 4* faster. Strange Problem.

Other file load is a little faster and Audio on a m-audio 2496 PCI Card work with a buffer of 128 Samples at 44.1 khz and 3.54 ms latency much better as on 32 bit Version. Seem 64 bit version is better at least under my win 7 64 bit. I only need find a VST bridge to use the 32bit VST sampletank i own

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:56 pm

^ I don't think this is quite what synnack has in mind. It's more about the devices on maxforlive.com themselves and making sure they haven't been broken by changes in Live 9 and ensuring overall compatibility with Live 9.

If no one is answering your question on the L9 beta forum then it may be isolated to your system. Have you contacted anyone at Ableton about it?
Unsound Designer

live_is_live

Post by live_is_live » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:48 pm

The reverb is in the pack

https://www.ableton.com/de/packs/max-live-essentials/

For me the new reverb was the important reason for buy live. and it sound great, much better as old.I test SIR2 before, but i like the live reverb more, because you can choose
early reflection and late reverb waves seperate.

I guess many do not download this pack and test. lets see what happen later.

I have not find how to send a PN to Ableleton dev in the Forum. I thought they read it, but nobody knowns currently or test it.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:15 pm

live_is_live wrote:The reverb is in the pack

For me the new reverb was the important reason for buy live. and it sound great, much better as old.I test SIR2 before, but i like the live reverb more, because you can choose

I have not find how to send a PN to Ableleton dev in the Forum. I thought they read it, but nobody knowns currently or test it.
Yeah, the new reverb is part of Ableton's official device distribution. synnack is talking about his own site, maxforlive.com, on which he hosts M4L devices that people (who are not Ableton) create and want to share.

What I'm saying is your two posts in this thread have nothing to do with the OP.
Unsound Designer

synnack

Post by synnack » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:02 pm

stringtapper wrote:
live_is_live wrote:The reverb is in the pack

Yeah, the new reverb is part of Ableton's official device distribution. synnack is talking about his own site, maxforlive.com, on which he hosts M4L devices that people (who are not Ableton) create and want to share.

What I'm saying is your two posts in this thread have nothing to do with the OP.
Correct. I'm talking about M4L devices that USERS make and post for free on maxforlive.com, not the ones Ableton provides. In order for the developers (i.e. users of maxforlive.com i.e. us) to see your bug report you'd have to post the comment on the device itself in the library. Not on Ableton.com forums.

Cheers.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

live_is_live

Post by live_is_live » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:22 am

ok, then of course delete my posts, i am not able to do it myself

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Neither can we.

I do hope you find a solution to your problem. I haven't had the same problem running the new reverb.
Unsound Designer