Robert Henke's granulator max device

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
littlepig

Robert Henke's granulator max device

Post by littlepig » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:18 pm

Well I just loaded Live 9 suite so I have Max for Live now.

I seem to remember that a while ago Robert Henke made a granulator max device which was pretty interesting but I can't find a download link

Please can somebody point me in right direction?

kinkajou

Re: Robert Henke's granulator max device

Post by kinkajou » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:30 pm

it seems they has taken it off from the website, it is not available for download.
on his (Robert Henke) website there is a comment, that it is still in beta... follow the link and scroll down to "Download"
http://www.monolake.de/technology/granulator.html

if you want to try the first version of it follow this link: http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/679/granulator ;)

littlepig

Post by littlepig » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:16 pm

Random Mullets

Post by Random Mullets » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:47 am

i have an issue with the view mode when i switch to filter view , the window is cut down, someone else experiment it ?

Andrew Hill

Post by Andrew Hill » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:12 pm

Got Live 9 last week so downloaded the Granulator from here: https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/granulator/

Had a play last night and found I could only drop .WAV, not .AIF, onto it. If I dropped an aif the file name came up on the granulator but the waveform was blank and nothing played.

The audio grab thing seemed to work ok, can imagine having fun with that.

Anyone else having the dropping aif samples issue?

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:19 pm

Theres another discussion going on over here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=190427 about it too.
I had the aiff problem with the beta version of G2 but not with the latest download & the latest Max 6.1- it all seems to work OK for me...
:?:

Edit/Addit: Just for the record, both .aif and .aiff files drop OK!

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

Andrew Hill

Post by Andrew Hill » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:27 pm

Thanks artpunk. Good to know I'm not alone I guess!

I wonder if I should uninstall the Granulator version I have and then re-install the G2 with the version direct from Henke's site?

I'm not on my machine at the moment so I don't know if they're different files.

Andrew Hill

Post by Andrew Hill » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:13 pm

Andrew Hill wrote:Got Live 9 last week so downloaded the Granulator from here: https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/granulator/

Had a play last night and found I could only drop .WAV, not .AIF, onto it. If I dropped an aif the file name came up on the granulator but the waveform was blank and nothing played.

The audio grab thing seemed to work ok, can imagine having fun with that.

Anyone else having the dropping aif samples issue?

OK, so I downloaded G2 from Henke's website. It is not the same version as t he one from the ableton site that I used before.00

Aif dropping still didn't work but I got a runtime error message saying that I needed to install Quicktime. So I did this and restarted my machine but now dropping aif still doesn't work and I'm getting the error message 'cannot open parser for this file'.