Granulator II

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Rosko

Re: Granulator II

Post by Rosko » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:05 pm

Same problem with aif files, running windows.

madlab

Post by madlab » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:24 am

crystalmsc wrote:Image

Another great Granulator development: Grinder Granulator by Colingagne ://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/1516
Couldn't find this one on mfl.com.
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:28 pm

I don't get why Max for Live developers seem to have no regard for parameter order of the devices or how it would work with control surfaces. Maybe Max people are mouse only people a lot of the time or just midi mappers? Granulator has a page of parameters seemingly randomly organized. Same with the Max for Live Drum modules. I guess we can open them up and modify that but it's strange that's not something that's not considered. Can't complain in this when it's free though I guess. ;)
Last edited by glitchrock-buddha on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professional Shark Jumper.

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:27 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:I don't get why Max for Live developers seem to have no regard for parameter order of the devices or how it would work with control surfaces. Maybe Max people are mouse only people a lot of the time or just midi mappers? Granulators as a page of parameters seemingly randomly organized. Same with the Max for Live Drum modules. I guess we can open them up and modify that but it's strange that's not something that's considered. Can't complain in this when it's free though I guess. ;)
Thought there was a ton of M4L plugs that are made for hardware?

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:45 pm

Rosko wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:I don't get why Max for Live developers seem to have no regard for parameter order of the devices or how it would work with control surfaces. Maybe Max people are mouse only people a lot of the time or just midi mappers? Granulators as a page of parameters seemingly randomly organized. Same with the Max for Live Drum modules. I guess we can open them up and modify that but it's strange that's not something that's considered. Can't complain in this when it's free though I guess. ;)
Thought there was a ton of M4L plugs that are made for hardware?
Yeah, I wasn't being too serious. But I'm surprised that so many devices aren't laid out for control surface support.
Professional Shark Jumper.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:38 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:I don't get why Max for Live developers seem to have no regard for parameter order of the devices or how it would work with control surfaces. Maybe Max people are mouse only people a lot of the time or just midi mappers? Granulator has a page of parameters seemingly randomly organized. Same with the Max for Live Drum modules. I guess we can open them up and modify that but it's strange that's not something that's not considered. Can't complain in this when it's free though I guess. ;)
you can order them how you like..
hit the 'edit' button and go to view>>parameters...
number the params in the order you'd like them to appear...

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:50 am

madlab wrote:Couldn't find this one on mfl.com.
yes, seems like it's not there anymore..dunno why.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

alex808

Post by alex808 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:00 pm

live library is based on aif file...so i don't understand wht granulator work with waves...is there any way to use aif??

BBR

Post by BBR » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:12 am

Random Mullets wrote:i have an issue with the view mode when i switch to filter view , the window is cut down, someone else experiment it ?
I have the same problem, When I click into the different view tabs the window is cut weirdly and I can't see all the paramaters.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:43 pm

Henke is now in the process of making a new synth, based on the Synclavier 2. This is the short demo: http://www.roberthenke.com/NE7.aif love it already!
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

BBR

Post by BBR » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:18 pm

I just found that if I click the "about" tab really fast twice (to go back immediately to the grain or filter tab I was trying to view, the display corrects itself and I can see all the parameters. I'm not sure why that works but I guess it's the equivalent of banging on a piece of hardware and finding you've fixed it haha.

badeshi

Post by badeshi » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:49 pm

I also have loading problem even with clips "frozen" from the project. It works sometimes and not others.
Also have to make sure you save the project if you have just created file or it wont work.

I had another weirder problem today. opened a project and the instrument wouldnt change pitch according to midi note. I duplicated it and it the 2nd track worked fine!

odd but a great synth