Where are the IRs ?:)

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
jasper

Where are the IRs ?:)

Post by jasper » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:33 pm

Checking out v9 trial.
tremendously happy, impressed and Stoked !

Can't seem to find the IRs for Convolution Reverb though :\
The presets also load without the IR.

dazzer

Re: Where are the IRs ?:)

Post by dazzer » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:50 pm

OP don't look in Max4Live in Categories, look in the Max4LiveEssentials pack in Packs, in Places and you can see the folder with the IRs

jasper

Post by jasper » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:36 pm

dazzer wrote:OP don't look in Max4Live in Categories, look in the Max4LiveEssentials pack in Packs, in Places and you can see the folder with the IRs

The IR's do not load into the effect, even when you drag them onto the effect manually.
But that's only one problem.

There are two places with presets for the Convolution Reverb:
One is where Presets are in the Browser, it is one long list of presets, and no IR's.

Another is in the "Packs" folder. Within the Pack, these presets are organized in sub-folders ("small rooms", "big rooms", etc),
and the IR folder is next to them. (this is probably the way it's supposed to be after the Pack is installed).

Either way, no matter what you do, preset or not, the IR's do not ever load, and the Conv-Reverb cannot be used.

Questions:
2: Will there be two different locations for the same effect from now on (one within the LivePack itself and the
other where Presets reside ?
3: Why are there any loadable settings inside the Packs folder, sorted in different ways from the "Presets" browser ??
4: Why install a Live Pack at all if it is now a "place" to store settings??

Guys...It's not my obnoxious opinion here, but... GET A VIRGO.
Get a VIRGO, tell him or her: "PLEASE ORGANIZE OUR PRESET-Organizing DILEMMA."

Mage2k

Post by Mage2k » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:11 am

jasper wrote:
dazzer wrote:OP don't look in Max4Live in Categories, look in the Max4LiveEssentials pack in Packs, in Places and you can see the folder with the IRs

The IR's do not load into the effect, even when you drag them onto the effect manually.
But that's only one problem.

There are two places with presets for the Convolution Reverb:
One is where Presets are in the Browser, it is one long list of presets, and no IR's.
I'm assuming you mean where you navigate to via Categories -> Max for Live -> [Device Type] -> [Device] ?
Another is in the "Packs" folder. Within the Pack, these presets are organized in sub-folders ("small rooms", "big rooms", etc),
and the IR folder is next to them. (this is probably the way it's supposed to be after the Pack is installed).
There you mean via Places -> Packs -> Max For Live Essentials -> [Device Type] -> [Device] ?

Those are not separate "places" (note the lower case places). The items under Places in the Browser are actual folders on your hard drive. The presets under Categories are simply category specific ways to navigate to the same presets that you can navigate to under Places. They are shortcuts, basically.
Either way, no matter what you do, preset or not, the IR's do not ever load, and the Conv-Reverb cannot be used.
The IRs in the Places folder and the presets do seem to load for me. Most other audio files to, too, but not all. I'm not sure what the difference between those that do and those that don't are

jasper

Post by jasper » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:08 pm

Mage,
Thanks for that :)

it's probably my OS.

I do know that Places (capital "P") are hard drive locations,
and Categories is like Live's mini database.

After installing the Live Pack, the presets and the IR's are in Places-> the LivePack itself,
and there are no IR's in Categories, and the presets are different in Categories->the effect.
The IR's are in Places/the LivePack, and nowhere else.

The fact that the IR's don't load is probably my OS.

But being able to browse through the LivePack itself, and seeing different presets in there even after it was installed, means...settings reside inside the LivePack, and we should keep the LivePacks fater installing them, or else all the IR's will be lost.

Dom Murphy

Post by Dom Murphy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:28 pm

I too have the same problem. If I load up the Convolution Reverb from Categories > Max for Live > … I get a dialog inside the device saying 'drop IR here'. However if I load up Convolution Reverb Pro I get them all loaded in within sub menus's inside the device.

Should the non Pro version work the same?

:?

am0eba

Post by am0eba » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:07 am

Hm. I posted this earlier on the Max 4 Live forum, and have contacted Ableton customer service about this:

I can't get either of the convolution reverbs to load *any* IR's in any manner. I'm running Mac OS 10.5.8, and a couple of folks on the other forum suggested that this was the problem. Ableton Support however says they are working on a fix.

I can see the presets and IR's listed in the Live browser under the Max4Live Essentials pack, and I can load either the regular or pro versions of the convolution reverb, but no IR wavefoms show up in the IR windows. If I drag an IR from the browser into the device IR window, nothing happens, except that in the convolution pro, the first dropdown selector then shows the category of the IR I dragged. The dropdown shows no other categories and the second dropdown is blank. On both versions of the reverb, no matter how I try to load an IR, if I set the wet/dry knob to full "wet" their is no output from the reverb, otherwise there is some unprocessed original input signal passing through...

At least one other person in the Max4Live forum has the exact same problem, and he is also running OSX 10.5.8.

I realize I should be thinking about getting a more recent OS anyway (especially now that Reason 7 will require OSX 10.8 ), but in the meantime, I purchased Live 9 Suite based in part on the availability of the convolution reverb and stated compatibility with my version of OSX...

Note that I installed Live 9.0.2 the day it was available, but nothing changed with this problem.

_Dave_

am0eba

Post by am0eba » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:37 pm

Note that on the Max4Live forum, Alex Harker has posted that he has worked on a fix:

A fix for 10.5 32bit version has been merged so check for that soonish.

64bit is a more complex issue that I cannot entirely fix from my end, so I can't be too specific on what to expect with that. It is being looked at.
_Dave_

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:30 pm

Am I able to load wave IR's I purchased (and was using previously with S.I.R. 1.0.x.x)? They aren't aif format.

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

am0eba

Post by am0eba » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:00 pm

Well, A new update for Live is out - 9.0.3 - and the fix wasn't in the list of changes. Updated anyway, just to see, and... NO JOY! Behavior is the same as before: Convolution reverbs not functioning under OSX 10.5.8.

So? What now?

_Dave_

Emperor12

Post by Emperor12 » Sat May 25, 2013 10:18 pm

I am new to Live 9 and have totally screwed up installing the Convolution reverb...I drag and dropped the .amxd and now it is installed in 'max for live - max audio effect'...that seems fine but I am left with 3 folders........the IR's, the lessons and reverb presets. Where do I put those so that they can load from the plugin?

I have tried to find this everywhere but cant find. Thanks.