All times are UTC

Post subject: Buggy Envelope Follower / Device Randomizer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:19 am 

So I've been using the Envelope Follower device for a few tasks, and while it seemed to be working fairly consistently before, now it's not making any sense.

When I map it to modulate another parameter, it will sometimes do as expected, other times it doesn't seem to be read by the mapped parameter. No rhyme or reason, as the envelope continues to be generated, but won't be read. Re-mapping doesn't work. Re-instantiating the device doesn't really do it.. I don't know why it won't work.

Also, with the Device Randomizer, sometimes it'll map properly for about 10 seconds or so, and then suddenly become static and non-functional whenever I try to map it.

Anyone having similar issues or can make any suggestions on how to fix it?

This set is using 4 separate Envelope Follower devices.. Might this be causing a conflict? I only tried the one Device Randomizer in there as well, and my CPU level is low, so I dunno...

Post subject: Re: Buggy Envelope Follower / Device Randomizer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:12 am 

djorno wrote:
Also, with the Device Randomizer, sometimes it'll map properly for about 10 seconds or so, and then suddenly become static and non-functional whenever I try to map it.

Anyone having similar issues or can make any suggestions on how to fix it?

This set is using 4 separate Envelope Follower devices.. Might this be causing a conflict? I only tried the one Device Randomizer in there as well, and my CPU level is low, so I dunno...

What Device Randomizer are you using? there was a buggy one on the M4L site - I don't seem to have problems with the official "Max Api DeviceExplorer" one though.