Do you know someone or can you make this ?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Frederik Braad

Do you know someone or can you make this ?

Post by Frederik Braad » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Hey guys, i am playing live in Ableton while my friend is dj'ing. We like to mix in key so my friend is using mixed in keys. I got an idea so that i can play in same key as him just by a quick look at his screen and apress at a botton.

Now as you can se on the picture, what i want is a plugin that can go back and forward in the camelot scale, so that by looking and my m8's camelot scale in traktor, i can go in and easily select the same scale in Ableton. The only problem is that i got no clue how to make it, eventhough i know it should be possible with Max For Live. So i was wondering do you know someone who can make such a thing?

ameree

Re: Do you know someone or can you make this ?

Post by ameree » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:57 pm

Frederik Braad wrote:Hey guys, i am playing live in Ableton while my friend is dj'ing. We like to mix in key so my friend is using mixed in keys. I got an idea so that i can play in same key as him just by a quick look at his screen and apress at a botton.

Now as you can se on the picture, what i want is a plugin that can go back and forward in the camelot scale, so that by looking and my m8's camelot scale in traktor, i can go in and easily select the same scale in Ableton. The only problem is that i got no clue how to make it, eventhough i know it should be possible with Max For Live. So i was wondering do you know someone who can make such a thing?
Hmmmnnnnn... I'll take a look, but I can't promise any timing...
multi-window and alternate view MaxForLive tools for Live 8 & 9
http://www.erasermice.com

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Do you really need a cycle ?
Just asking because you could make a midi effect rack with 24 chains, one for each scale, and map the chain selector. Sorry if this is too obvious.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

Frederik Braad

Post by Frederik Braad » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:29 pm

Hmmmnnnnn... I'll take a look, but I can't promise any timing...[/quote]

thx you man :)

Well i really didnt think that you could do it that way, but i will defintly check it out :)