Looking for a specific M4L device

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
eric_c

Looking for a specific M4L device

Post by eric_c » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:37 pm

I'm looking for a Max for Live device that would allow me to take the settings of a device and define different "states" for them, then allow me to trigger or cycle through those states.

For example, let's say I have an Operator patch, and in one state I have three different Operator controls at specific values. We'll call this State 1. Then in a different state I have those three Operator controls at different values. We'll call this State 2. The Max for Live device would allow me to jump between State 1 and State 2 in a performance setting by triggering them. With many different states I could easily jump between different sounds in the Operator device, maybe even with those state changes quantized to the beat.

Does something like this exist? I'm totally down for learning how to make it myself, but I wanted to make sure someone else hadn't done it already, thanks!

eric_c

Re: Looking for a specific M4L device

Post by eric_c » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:24 pm

Thanks ShelLuser, that looks pretty similar to what I have mind. I'll keep looking!

triant

Post by triant » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:01 am

eric_c, i think the device you are looking for is kapture: https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/kapture/

can't vouch for how well it works these days. liine released a special python script-based version with an iOS interface that seems not to be being supported properly anymore, and is too buggy to use. i haven't tried the M4L-based one in a while but i would be optimistic considering it's being on ableton's site.

Jabbon

Post by Jabbon » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:08 pm

max API folder

name Device PReseter.

its in the L8 library m4l Presets
sound spatialization content & technologies @ audit-orium.com