Installing Max4live devices in 9

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
chymera

Installing Max4live devices in 9

Post by chymera » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Apologies if this is a really stupid question, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. In 8 I could drag a max4 live device from my finder and either drop it into the live set or drag it straight to the max browser in live and it would install and then show up in the max browser for future use. Now In live 9 I am unable to drag into the Max browser at all. I can drag a device into the set but it will not show up in the browser for the next session.. what am I doing wrong???

wasoota

Re: Installing Max4live devices in 9

Post by wasoota » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:30 am

Don't you have to drag it to the user library or 'places' or something? I don't have access to Live 9 anymore, but IIRC the top part of the browser is hard coded and only takes factory content.

chymera

Post by chymera » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:02 pm

ok that works. a bit annoying as I would like have all my max devices in one place.. but ok, I can get used to it.. thanks!

wasoota

Post by wasoota » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:49 pm

Many would probably agree. :mrgreen: The thing is you're supposed to stick with factory content and stock presets now. Problem Solved.

One day you too will understand that all that all your fiddling and preset making is only keeping you from making music. Real musicians need neither device presets nor application preferences. ;)