Max Crashes Live!

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
svanur

Max Crashes Live!

Post by svanur » Thu May 02, 2013 9:27 pm

Ive tried and tried and tried but i never seem to get this to work, i was so excited to get live 9 because of the convolution reverb and all that stuff,

So i install live 9 everything works fine, after i install the lates max for life software, and try to add a max patch on a channel live crashes immediately. I get no error message no nothing,

I just see the max logo for about ten seconds it tries to load and boom live is gone, no message no nothing.

I've googled the shit out of this problem but havent found one single solution anywhere so i come to the mighty ableton forums to get help, i really hope i get sum :D

i found this: https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/max ... n-windows/
But that's not the problem in my case :(

Please help me somebody! :(

Schmidi

Re: Max Crashes Live!

Post by Schmidi » Fri May 03, 2013 3:05 am

Hey Svanur, I was having a lot of crashes including when opening M4L devices recently too. I ended up uninstalling 9.02 32bit and in running 64bit instead. That has made my system crash free for the last week. I can't say this will work for you but it might be worth a shot.

joan.tissier

Post by joan.tissier » Sun May 12, 2013 9:06 am

Hi,

I have the same problem with Live 9 and Max 6.1
My M4L patches work fine but when I want to edit them, Live 9 crash...

Sames patches works fine, and I can edit them, with Live 8 and Max 5 (my patch use common object with Max 5 and 6).

Solution ?

Best regards

Alexandre

tone61

Post by tone61 » Sun May 12, 2013 9:57 am

I have also noticed problems with editing M4L devices. No crashes, but when I've tried to edit some device, the device UI in Max just doesn't open.
Today I decided to test this one more time and when I waited long enough for Max to open before doing anything in its menus etc. then it managed to open the device.

no idea if this has anything to do with those crashes.

I'm using Windows7 64bit Live 9.04 and Max4Live 6.12.

Razzkazz

Post by Razzkazz » Sun May 12, 2013 3:48 pm

Im using OSX. I had this problem in version 9.0.2. Trashing Max's preferences fixed the problem. Version 9.0.3 didn't cause any problems, I have now installed 9.0.4 and the problem is back. Trashing Max's & Live's preferences makes no difference. Pluggo Devices seem to be OK, only certain devices cause the crash.
MBP M1 Max, MOTU Ultralite, Faderfox PC4, Akai LPD8, Push, Clyphx Pro
-----------------------------------------------
https://alangleeson.bandcamp.com/

Razzkazz

Post by Razzkazz » Sun May 12, 2013 4:09 pm

I managed to fix the problem. I still have Max 6.0.8 installed so I switched Live to use that. I tried to load the LFO device, it said wrong max version, showing an empty device. I then went into preferences and changed back to Max 6.1.2, a pop-up appeared asking for my system password. After entering my password all the devices now work :)

I didn't repair my disk permissions, I guess I should of done that, maybe that had something to do with it?
MBP M1 Max, MOTU Ultralite, Faderfox PC4, Akai LPD8, Push, Clyphx Pro
-----------------------------------------------
https://alangleeson.bandcamp.com/