Ableton Live 9 Suite Instalation, max for live packs?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Toni Fernandez

Ableton Live 9 Suite Instalation, max for live packs?

Post by Toni Fernandez » Thu May 16, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi everybody, I am new in this forum and It is a pleasure to be part of the Ableton community!

I bought Ableton Live 9 Suite and installed it with all the packs (6 DVDS in total) But it seems that it does not come with the packs from Max for live.. Is that ok and I should download them and install from Abletons webpage?

I thought it would already come with the live 9 suite and I should not download it....

Thanks so much in advance!!

Toni

artpunk

Re: Ableton Live 9 Suite Instalation, max for live packs?

Post by artpunk » Thu May 16, 2013 10:23 pm

Hi Toni, welcome to the community.
Sounds like you got the boxed version of Suite? I downloaded all my Suite packs, so can't comment on if the Max for Live packs should be on the disks provided in the box. It is, however, an easy matter to download the files from the Ableton site. Log into your account and go to 'My Packs' and you will see all the available packs in your account. In the 'My Software' part of your account grab the latest version of Max if you didn't get that on the disks. This page in your account is where you also grab the latest version of Live (if you have 'auto-update' disabled, something some members of the forum advise)
I hope this helps.
:D

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

Toni Fernandez

Post by Toni Fernandez » Sat May 18, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi Artpunk,

thank you for your help!! :) I've tried what you suggested and I got an error msg saying I needed to update to ableton 9.0.1 as my version was 9.0 I downloaded the latest version from the web and when I opened it I could install the max for live packs, which is really great! But I cannot see my previous packs I had from the suite... I tried looking for them in my hd but couldnt find them. I am on a mac....

I will continue looking for it and trying.. in the mean time if you (or anybody else :-) Have a clue on how to do it please let me know ! THANKSS!!!!!!!

synnack

Post by synnack » Sun May 19, 2013 5:25 am

login to ableton.com

Then go here https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/max-live-essentials/

download and install that pack. There you go.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Sun May 19, 2013 11:53 am

Toni Fernandez wrote:Hi Artpunk,

thank you for your help!! :) I've tried what you suggested and I got an error msg saying I needed to update to ableton 9.0.1 as my version was 9.0 I downloaded the latest version from the web and when I opened it I could install the max for live packs, which is really great! But I cannot see my previous packs I had from the suite... I tried looking for them in my hd but couldnt find them. I am on a mac....

I will continue looking for it and trying.. in the mean time if you (or anybody else :-) Have a clue on how to do it please let me know ! THANKSS!!!!!!!
Toni, if you are talking about your previous Live Factory Packs, they should be in the same spot as your earlier installation. In Live, go to preferences (command ') and Library - it should show you where the installation folder for your packs is. If you're feeling adventurous you can also find the Live Factory Packs in Finder: Go -> Library (have to hold down the option key to see that one) -> Application Support -> Ableton. Your Factory Packs can be found there too... at least mine are on my Macbook Pro.
:D

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records