[UPDATE for sticky top] Max 6.1.3 released June 19th 2013

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Blendton

[UPDATE for sticky top] Max 6.1.3 released June 19th 2013

Post by Blendton » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:05 pm

For downloading your specific I redirect you to your user account but you can also get it from Cycling'74 website.

https://www.ableton.com/en/account

http://cycling74.com/downloads/

The full changelog from Cycling'74 including changes from Max 6 launch to the present release (6.1.3) is here :

http://cycling74.s3.amazonaws.com/suppo ... 6_1_3.html

Kind regards.
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

Blendton

Re: [UPDATE for sticky top] Max 6.1.3 released June 19th 2013

Post by Blendton » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:49 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:I'm confused by this Blendy, it says 6.1 on the ableton.com. It the update Max for Live or just Max?
Just compare the file you may have kept ; your Max installer with the c02..... mark top the new one after going to the link directly from Live's preferences link under "Max 6.1 folder" option...

Installed here, no urge about it, no tain falling nor sunlight @ night...

Also, check the log for MFL little but existing so because my account download for Win64 is 6.1.3 and I guess all four options too,

and because MFL little line in changelog

edit before submit for once yeah §!! :D >>> wasb lost in adhd related salad so just keep in mind, if blendton gets "nothing to do" for a sec I will do whatever I find : here, not useful, BUT point and accuracy despite no emergency to do it.

Cool ? :roll:
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:57 pm

FORGOT :

Max 6.1 yes..

They never add the "minor revision 3rd" in account downloads dude, since 6.1.0 (should do to match C74 rev. naming convention.... (see their logs bottom...)
It's always been named just "65.1 although rev were made we count four ones or three if you start with 6.1.1 first update.
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:19 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:Got it, sorted, cheers.
You "the Man" being more and better posting well you're welcome...

I would enjoy being less (for the constant issue) bad-english and more useful/helpful (adhd-c/intel++ issue, the thing making me posts in some word salad with no blend just shake finish lol)

In fact, who cares... 6.1.3 yeahhh, let's party lol

I just realize being the only one not thinking about it as what my topic looks like : if I was he reader I may think "jeeeez, this guy is a masturb-jerking stuff expert, even above the geek status :twisted: "

BTW since I'm thinking about it, I often go to check your work, tasty job and ressource, I'm glad to at last but never too late say that to you.

Love some tutos too.

Proof of sincere congrats : just remove the "to be made" full review of Live 9, unless you want to review Suite 9 at any cost, it's like a bug on a white floor :wink:

Regards
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Goldbelly

Post by Goldbelly » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:22 am

Hello folks,
heads up for the post of Max 6.1.3 update.

Downloaded the 32bit update from my Abe account yesterday and installed.

Ran into a few problems yesterday when I tried to load our Looper Max midi device on an empty new session but it crashed my 9 Suite whilst trying to open Max for the device.
Same occurrence behaviour on 2nd attempt was working fine on previous update for loading devices from Abes content.

Have not run through other devices for checking yet, maybe worth folks having a little tryout to see.
Anyone else experiencing a similar error whilst checking out the latest update?

This was tested on 32bit version of Max 6.1.3 and Live 9 32bit.
Not tested yet for 64bit versions.

Windows 8, i7 (intel 2.4ghz)cpu, 16gb ram
Live 9 Suite.

cheers.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:35 am

Goldbelly wrote:Hello folks,

Ran into a few problems yesterday when I tried to load our Looper Max midi device on an empty new session but it crashed my 9 Suite whilst trying to open Max for the device.
Same occurrence behaviour on 2nd attempt was working fine on previous update for loading devices from Abes content.

Have not run through other devices for checking yet, maybe worth folks having a little tryout to see.

Live 9 Suite.

cheers.
This could explaion why there has been a different release since I posted the update : the archive although it's still 6.1.3 has a different "watermark" and th name is not "c" but "4" as its first character. I installed it immediately and trie to reproduce your issue but no problem here, latest update, 64-bit here.

So warning : there has been TWO 6.1.3 and the primary could have been flawed, the new one didn't seemed to provoke any problem.

In all cases the Max For Live update is not as if it was kind of a urge and needed so for people happy with their setup e.g. Live 6.0.4 and Max 6.1.2 don't update is it cannot improve your experience using Max For Live devices.

Warm regards
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:35 am

Live 9 Suite.

cheers.
This could explaion why there has been a different release since I posted the update : the archive although it's still 6.1.3 has a different "watermark" and the name is not "c" but "4" as its first character. I installed it immediately and trie to reproduce your issue but no problem here, latest update, 64-bit here.

So warning : there has been TWO 6.1.3 and the primary could have been flawed, the new one didn't seemed to provoke any problem.

In all cases the Max For Live update is not as if it was kind of a urge and needed so for people happy with their setup e.g. Live 9.0.4 and Max 6.1.2 don't update if it cannot improve your experience using Max For Live devices.

Warm regards
Antoine, aka Blendton.

floond

Post by floond » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:37 am

Blendton wrote:

Live 9 Suite.

cheers.
This could explaion why there has been a different release since I posted the update : the archive although it's still 6.1.3 has a different "watermark" and the name is not "c" but "4" as its first character. I installed it immediately and trie to reproduce your issue but no problem here, latest update, 64-bit here.

In all cases the Max For Live update is not as if it was kind of a urge and needed so for people happy with their setup e.g. Live 9.0.4 and Max 6.1.2 don't update if it cannot improve your experience using Max For Live devices.

Warm regards
Good to know. I wish there was an official announcement when there's new updates for Max4Live. The download page here just says 6.1. I unfortunately installed the first 6.1.3 update, and spend 2 hours yesterday trying to salvage a project I'm working on. It was working with no problems when I saved it, but when attempting to re-open it Live consistently crashed when loading the maxcrt.dll. I managed to open it in Live 64-bit, removed all M4L devices, but it still wouldn't run in 32-bit. So I ended up uninstalling Max. Project saved <3. Then I tried installing the new 6.1.3 32-bit, which again made Live crash when opening the project, although the project no longer contains any M4L devices. So it appears if the project has used a buggy M4L version at some point, its f**ked for good.
So I'll have to live without M4L for now, although it's what I love most about L9.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

There was indeed a silent update of version 6.1.3 to make a quick fix for something.
Unsound Designer