Get list of available plug-ins?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
neuronaut

Get list of available plug-ins?

Post by neuronaut » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Hey there,

I've got a few killer apps to write in Max for Live, but I'm new to it. I do have 25 years of programming experience though!

I'd like to get a list of all the available instruments and effects, including all the installed internal Ableton, Max for Live and 3rd party instruments/effects.

Is there a way to get the list via Ableton Max for Live?

I looked through the LOM and didn't see anything.

Thanks!

chapelier fou

Re: Get list of available plug-ins?

Post by chapelier fou » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:33 pm

This has nothing to do with the LOM for sure. I'd have a look into the 'folder' object to scan the appropriate folders.
Out of curiosity, why would you need this ?
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

neuronaut

Post by neuronaut » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:19 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'm still hunting for docs regarding the folder object, so I don't know if that's a solution.

The reason I want it, is I'd like a quick look-up of all my available plug ins. The list of plugs would link to web pages describing what each one does. I've spec'ed out my app, and even wrote something for Cubase that does what I wanted... so I know it works. Cubase supplies a list of all installed plug ins in an XML doc!
The world is sound.

filter_7

Post by filter_7 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:03 am

A list with all M4L devices description is what we miss and would be great to have.
I discover new things everyday and i'm sure there's a lot more!

I was just thinking to create a manual made by Ableton community with all M4L plugs and their explanation. If you're already doing it and want to share it this will be a BIG gift for everybody!