Trying to build a bi-directional synth editor-need some help

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
towers of silence

Trying to build a bi-directional synth editor-need some help

Post by towers of silence » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:37 pm

Max N00b here, starting to get a little more involved in building devices. About a year ago I build a fantastically messy and crude editor for my DSI Tetra. It's simple but it gets the job done. Now I'd like to improve upon it a bit, specifically I'd like to add bi-directionality to it (not 100% sure I'm using that term correctly) so that when you load a new patch on the Tetra, the editor controls will change to reflect the actual values.
I'm not sure if this is possible for the Tetra since I think it uses Sysex to dump the patch data but I'm not sure.

Here's a link to my device on maxforlive.com- have a look at the guts if you'd like....
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... =1360#4809
This was literally the very first device I ever made and the patching is embarrassingly messy, sorry! It's just complicated enough of a device though That I haven't had the stomach to get in and clean it up.....

Likewise I'd like to be able to rearrange the parameters so they are more Push friendly- at the moment they just show up in no particular order on my Push- I'd like to be able to group them in more logical banks. I can't seem to figure out how to do this with Max for Live devices though

Thanks in advance for any assistance

thomashalp

Re: Trying to build a bi-directional synth editor-need some help

Post by thomashalp » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:26 pm

bumping this because i want this haha

sorry

Valiumdupeuple

Re: Trying to build a bi-directional synth editor-need some help

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:26 am

To arrange your parameters on Push's screen, open your m4l device, go to "parameters" in the "view" menu. Now, look at the "Map" column (the 2nd one, normally): this where you set the order of all this mess.