InstantHaus clip automation not working

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
djorno

InstantHaus clip automation not working

Post by djorno » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:33 am

So I've got a bunch clips made up so that I can launch various 'InstantHaus' setups. Essentially all I want to do is have certain elements (KSHP) be enabled/disabled at various points. I drew in the envelopes on all my clips, but the thing is, it only works sometimes. For example, I will launch a clip that shuts off the kick, snare, and perc buttons, but leaves the hat on. Then I'll launch another clip that turns on *all* the KSHP, then maybe launch another clip that is just KS, etc... Anyway, like I said, it only behaves properly some of the time, and I can't figure out why.

I'll launch my 'hats only' clip and it'll have all the elements enabled, even though the clip says they're turned off. I'll launch my 'full kit' after playing 'hats only' for a while and it won't turn on the other elements.

I thought perhaps it was a bug that may've been fixed in recent updates, but I'm on 9.1 and I updated to Max 6.1.5 or whatever, and still no go. Other curious behaviour includes the fact that even though I have my Kick note set to C2 (and also have this directly drawn into each clip) it will often just play C1 or some other random note altogether. Usually if I manually turn the knob away from C2, and then back to C2, I can initialize the set and be good to go, but I shouldn't have to do this in the first place.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I'm preparing for a major Pack launch, but these stability issues are killing me. My sets with M4L devices often crash altogether as well, and the amount of time being wasted due to these bugs is a big downer. "InstantHaus" is a 'certified' piece of code, so it's not like my M4L ineptitude is the issue.

Any suggestions???