Rokvid question (anyone know how to hide the top bar?)

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Jinsai

Rokvid question (anyone know how to hide the top bar?)

Post by Jinsai » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:22 am

I've been trying to incorporate Rokvid (max for live), but I cannot figure out how to get rid of the top menu bar thing... the tab at the top of the window (where there's the expansion + tab).

If I was brining my own projector, I could dial in the settings, but playing in a club with someone else's lighting, this becomes a huge pain. Anyone know how to make the floating Rokvid window "truly" fullyscreen?

arock*

Re: Rokvid question (anyone know how to hide the top bar?)

Post by arock* » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:25 pm

I created Rokvid. Just hit the ESC key and your window will go true full screen. With a projector connected, you can drag the rokvid window to your second screen and then hit ESC. That way, Rokvid will be full screen for your projection, but you will still be able to see Ableton on your main screen.

Hope that helps.

Adam Rokhsar

Jinsai

Post by Jinsai » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:39 am

arock* wrote:I created Rokvid. Just hit the ESC key and your window will go true full screen. With a projector connected, you can drag the rokvid window to your second screen and then hit ESC. That way, Rokvid will be full screen for your projection, but you will still be able to see Ableton on your main screen.

Hope that helps.

Adam Rokhsar
Hi! Your program is great, but this ESC shortcut doesn't seem to work on OSX? Is this a windows shortcut? I tried hitting F11 to fullscreen the second monitor, but it doesn't seem to work. I know there's gotta be a way to do this, and I'm just an idiot... but how?!?!?!?

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:45 am

i'm on OS X 10.9.2 and dragging the Rokvid window to a second monitor and hitting ESC works for me...

what version of OS X are you running?

MoonchildCH

Post by MoonchildCH » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:38 am

I just purchased the plugin, and it's a real pleasure to work with its filters. However I just updated to Mac OS X 10.14.2 and now I can't go full screen anymore, same problem that mentioned above: there's still the top bar visible.

Note that prior to the update, it was never visible and when I launched the plugin the first time and it took all the space of my dedicated window for Ableton. Complete black screen (since no video was loaded yet). ESC shortcut was not working. I needed to spend a few minutes before figuring out that I could grab the border of the screen to reduce the size of the plugin window, but in the end it worked. And with some fiddling with Quicktime "screen capture" and a video editing software, I managed to make a short video.

Now the plugin load normally with a small window with the bar visible, but I still can't use the ESC shortcut and when I click the maximize button, it won't go true full screen.

Please help! I really want to use that live and make new videos!

Edit: for some uncertain reason the top bar disappeared again and the black screen replace the view of Ableton Live. Now I can make videos again, but I still can't use it live because I can't drag it to the second window... I tried relaunching Ableton without a dedicated window and the bar reappeared. Still, the ESC shortcut doesn't seem to work properly: the doc and the menu disappear but the video stays the same size now. I really hope it can be fixed! Oh, and I'm using the last version of Ableton by the way (10.0.5). Forgot to mention that...