Push-ArrangeMode - control your arrangement view from Push

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Valiumdupeuple

Push-ArrangeMode - control your arrangement view from Push

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi fellows.
I'm happy to announce that I'm about to deliver a new M4L device that I've worked on for some time.
This patch gives you a Push arrange mode, e.g it lets you control the arrangement view from Push.
In a nutshell: it lets you control horizontal/vertical track zoom, solo mute arm the selected track, unsolo unmute unarm all tracks, control the arrangement record, close the clip/view and the browser, control the arrange loop section, navigate through markers, active/deactive and warp/unwarp the selected clip, navigate between tracks...
It doesn't interfere with other Push modes, everything works as before... you just have a new mode.
It should be available tomorrow.
Cheers
J.

dataf1ow

Re: Push-ArrangeMode - control your arrangement view from Push

Post by dataf1ow » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Nice! Looking forward to checking it out.
Sounds like a great idea. Has it improved your workflow?
How do you handle mode switching?

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:11 pm

Shit+Session enters the arrangement mode (for Push and on the software of course). Session goes back to... session mode.
It's part of a patch I used for a few years now, with Live 8 my hardware was a NI Maschine. I've re-arranged it to work with Push since L9. It's on my default template on the master channel, I never have to bother about it.
The workflow is just huge, I do sound/music for video so I work a fuckin lot in arrangement view and I feel really crippled when I'm not home and have to do things without the hardware.

dataf1ow

Post by dataf1ow » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:15 pm

Sounds rad, I am currently in the middle of some sound design/foley work, and I am spending an inordinate amount of time in arrangement. Looking forward to checking it out.

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:42 pm

Selecting an audio clip and instantly controlling its clip gain value is SUCH a invaluable pleasure. It could stupid, but you do it all the time when doing sound design/foley/sound editing stuffs.

dataf1ow

Post by dataf1ow » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:43 pm

Yep, totally true. Editing footsteps and the like. It could speed up my workflow immensely.

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:22 pm

Hey, it's available, some details:

This device gives your Push its missing Arrangement Mode (plus a few extra bonuses).
It doesn't interfere with other Push's modes, it just adds a new one.
The device mainly works on a "selected track" basis. Ultimately, the main goal of this patch is to use your mouse less, because for a lot of tasks this thing actually is... quite slow.
You'll need at least Live 9.1.3 and Max 6.1.7 if you want everything functions of this device to work as excpected.

So, what does this device do (that means nothing is removed from Push's default behaviour) ? :
- Solo, mute arm the selected track, and unsolo, unmute and unarm all the tracks.
- Zoom tracks vertically, navigate between them, and zoom the arrangement horizontally.
- There's also a button to open/close the tracks (that's an alternative to the vertical zoom).
- Adds an option to activate/deactivate a clip and turn on/off its warp form the Clip mode.
- Close and focus the various part of Live's window (like the Browser, the detail clip/device view...)
- Control the Global Record with the record button (why this one is not in the default factory Push script is a serious odditie !)
- Navigate the Arrangement with markers.
- Control the loop and punch in/out section.
- Control the draw mode.
- Control the "follow playback".
- Set Live's global quantization directly from Push.
- For some reasons it also makes recording audio, midi and automations in Arrangement problem free (lots of people seems to encounter some problems with this when using the default Push script.)
- Plus, you can also map some of these functions to your computer keyboard or to an other midi device.

You enter ArrangeMode with the SHIFT+SESSION buttons combination. Pressing only SESSION will bo to the default session view/mode.

Get it here for the evil price of 6,66€ (or more if you're rich and generous) :twisted:
PM me if you prefer paypal.

Have fun.