filtering out control changes

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
JoseC.

filtering out control changes

Post by JoseC. » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:57 pm

Ok, let's see if I manage to explain myself:

I have a Kawai K5000S synth that I use as my main keyboard controller. It has 16 knobs that output fixed cc number messages.

On the other hand, I have a M4L Midi effect device with 16 dials, that can be set up to output any cc number messages to control other external modules.

I want to control the 16 M4L dials with the K5000S knobs and keep the mappings fixed every time I load the device. It is simple, assigning a ctlin object to each dial with a fixed CC number, corresponding to the fixed number of each K5000S knob.

The problem is that this means that I also need to filter out those fixed cc numbers at the device midi output, in order to avoid changing unwanted parameters in the module.

In other words, if knob #1 in the K5000S fixed output is CC#16 and I have it mapped to device dial #1 that is set to send CC#74 to the remote module, I want only CC#74 at the M4L device output, and not both CC#16 and CC#74, so I need to filter CC#16 out, taking in consideration that I will need to output that CC IF a dial is set to send it specifically.

I guess this is not too difficult, but my programming skills are pretty basic, and I cannot find a way NOT to send a particular CC number message. What I need is some hint to point me in the right direction, even an idea of what objects to use would be helpful. An example patch that filters out midi messages would be better, of course.

Thanks in advance. :?

JoseC.

Re: filtering out control changes

Post by JoseC. » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:32 pm

Nevermind, I found a way to do it.

splonge

Re: filtering out control changes

Post by splonge » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:06 pm

Hiya, what did you eventually do to sort this out? I'm stuck on a similar problem.

Also, I have a M4L synth controller that I have made that automatically sends it default values from the live.dial the first time you load the patch. Any idea how to get it to not do that?