Max 7

Questions and discussion about building and using Max for Live devices
crystalmsc
Posts: 886
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:47 pm
Contact:

Max 7

Post by crystalmsc » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:52 am

the first peek of MAX 7 http://cycling74.com/2014/09/17/a-first-peek-at-max-7

I'm excited with the future of Max for Live. I expect Live 10 to be a big release with major improvements upon many user requests, including a more solid integration with M4L. Hopefully Max 7 will bring many fresh and new things.

Funny video btw :) http://youtu.be/tvRoE89VW-I
Last edited by crystalmsc on Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

crystalmsc
Posts: 886
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Max 7

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:10 am

another peek: http://cycling74.com/2014/09/25/max-7-sneak-preview

video: http://youtu.be/ZV6kyNp1Eqo

as expected, greater support for Max for Live, yeah!
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

crystalmsc
Posts: 886
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Max 7

Post by crystalmsc » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:35 am

Episode 3: http://cycling74.com/2014/10/03/max-7-s ... -episode-3

Video: http://youtu.be/5QAEZFq3fgk

It's getting more interesting! I like the vibes of the "funny video" series of the sneak preview. a bit relaxing to see such kind of things in the world of max, a good way to tell that it's going to be easier to use, with a more user friendly interface. Crash recovery is cool!
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

crystalmsc
Posts: 886
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Max 7

Post by crystalmsc » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

ansolas
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:01 pm
Location: Earth ~ Europe ~ Germany ~ Cuxheaven

Re: Max 7

Post by ansolas » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:29 am

Any rumors when Live 10 could be released?
Hope Max 7 will have better performance

Willyum
Posts: 1194
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 6:17 am
Location: Jamaica, Queens

Re: Max 7

Post by Willyum » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:42 pm

I'm not getting my hopes up... In that last youtube vid (4), I asked Cycling74 about the difference in release of Max-7 Vs. M4L-7 and they said it took 2 years after they released Max-6 for their customers, for Abes to release M4L-6 for Live customers, so they don't know when Abes will be ready with the conversion this time..... 2 YEARS!!!

crystalmsc
Posts: 886
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Max 7

Post by crystalmsc » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:58 am

Willyum wrote:it took 2 years after they released Max-6 for their customers, for Abes to release M4L-6 for Live customers
that's during the early years of M4L implementation. Since it's getting way more mature now, hopefully it's going to be faster now.
ansolas wrote:Any rumors when Live 10 could be released?
Hope Max 7 will have better performance
it's all speculation for now, but to have more Max 7 goodness in Live 10 release is going to be one of the most interesting thing to me.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

stringtapper
Posts: 6276
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: Max 7

Post by stringtapper » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:34 pm

Willyum wrote:I'm not getting my hopes up... In that last youtube vid (4), I asked Cycling74 about the difference in release of Max-7 Vs. M4L-7 and they said it took 2 years after they released Max-6 for their customers, for Abes to release M4L-6 for Live customers, so they don't know when Abes will be ready with the conversion this time..... 2 YEARS!!!
One more time… :lol:

It's not a "conversion."

The release they were talking about was Live 9. So if history is any indication then the actual point at which the M4L code will get updated is when a new version of Live is released. Who knows, though. They might bring it in a 9.2 update.

Also, recall that I told you in your other thread that Max 6 actually worked fine as the editor for M4L in Live 8, just that it wasn't officially supported. Max 7 might work just fine as the editor for Live 9. We'll have to see.

One thing I do wonder is that if you don't seem to create your own patches why are you concerned with M4L being updated. What specifically is it that you need that you aren't finding with Max 6 and Live 9?
Unsound Designer

Willyum
Posts: 1194
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 6:17 am
Location: Jamaica, Queens

Re: Max 7

Post by Willyum » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:00 am

stringtapper wrote:One more time… :lol:

It's not a "conversion."
Yes, I understood that the Max program is not converted and that M4L is just code that allows Live to use Max.... That Translation Code is what I was refering to... Code for M4L 6 being converted (re-written... updated) to M4L 7 code.
stringtapper wrote:Also, recall that I told you in your other thread that Max 6 actually worked fine as the editor for M4L in Live 8, just that it wasn't officially supported. Max 7 might work just fine as the editor for Live 9. We'll have to see.
I now have Max 7 running on my machine and it seems like the M4L patches that I have opened from Live are working fine... I have only gone through a few. But so far I haven't had any pop-up messages telling my to go upgrade my licence.

stringtapper wrote:One thing I do wonder is that if you don't seem to create your own patches why are you concerned with M4L being updated. What specifically is it that you need that you aren't finding with Max 6 and Live 9?
I only care about having a High quality Time Stretch/Pitch Shifting Sampler that responds to tempo and will properly apply the shift data when using slice to midi.... And even now that I have Max 7 loaded, I still can't use it cause I don't know how to build it.... So I'll STILL have to wait for new M4L packs to be created anyway. (I am one of the people who have been asking for Time Stretching/Pitch Shifting in Simpler/Sampler for the last 9+ years.

Hervé
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:13 am
Contact:

Re: Max 7

Post by Hervé » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:41 am

Look like 7 is coming with lots of M4L goodies and is fully compatible .... at a 299 $ crossgrade rate ?
https://cycling74.com/shop/select-crossgrade/

crystalmsc
Posts: 886
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Max 7

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:48 am

This one is interesting:

Image

Included Devices
Drag one of the new pitch-and-time manipuating Max for Live devices into Max 7 or Ableton Live and you’ll be matching and mangling beats in no time.

Looking from the other features, seems like it's on the melodyne/autotune mood.

a dozen new devices exclusive to Max 7, including:
Pitch/ time mple playback devices (Classic Player, PitchTime Player, Pitch Correct Player, Synced Player Bit Player)
Pitch Shifting Effects (Pitch & Vibrato, Pitch & Echo)
Pitch and Time Instrument (More Simpler)
Pitch Analysis (Pitch Tracker)
Harmonization (Dual Harmonizer, Multi Harmonizer)
Vocoding (Mono Vocoder, Multi Vocoder)
Intonation correction (Autotuna, Microtuna)
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Willyum
Posts: 1194
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 6:17 am
Location: Jamaica, Queens

Re: Max 7

Post by Willyum » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:12 am

crystalmsc wrote:This one is interesting:

Image
Was just playing with this one.... Stretch and Shift sound very clean, and stays clean for a really far range. My pc may need to be upgraded though cause once I was in the zone of extreme stretching with the hightest quality, my cpu went from 5% to 70% in seconds.... off that one device (granted I was doing some extreme mangling at that point). This unit looks to be a player only though, I was able to drop it on a Drum Rack pad but it doesn't play the sample until i hit play on transport... and the drum pad seems to not affect it... I have a lot to learn, but loving it already.

There's so many folders... I'm probably gonna be stuck here for Hours just trying all the new stuff...

Willyum
Posts: 1194
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 6:17 am
Location: Jamaica, Queens

Re: Max 7

Post by Willyum » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:33 am

OH MY GOD, I'm in heaven... It's called 'More Simpler'. Pitch Shifting/ Time Stretching Sampler, haven't seen one that reacts to tempo yet... But tremolo of sampled instruments and length of sampled instrument remain consistent up and down the keyboard... No more speeding up and slowing down and getting out of time.

ark
Posts: 1349
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Max 7

Post by ark » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:31 pm

As far as I can see, Cycling '74 says that Max 7 is compatible with Live. However, in order to be able to use it, you must have the full version of Max 7, not just Max for Live.

Presumably, Ableton will enable Max 7 as part of a future version of Live. If past history is a guide, buying the Max 7 upgrade now will decrease your price for upgrading Live later.

stoersignal
Posts: 500
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:43 pm
Location: vienna

Re: Max 7

Post by stoersignal » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:35 pm

crystalmsc wrote:This one is interesting:

Image

Included Devices
Drag one of the new pitch-and-time manipuating Max for Live devices into Max 7 or Ableton Live and you’ll be matching and mangling beats in no time.

Looking from the other features, seems like it's on the melodyne/autotune mood.

a dozen new devices exclusive to Max 7, including:
Pitch/ time mple playback devices (Classic Player, PitchTime Player, Pitch Correct Player, Synced Player Bit Player)
Pitch Shifting Effects (Pitch & Vibrato, Pitch & Echo)
Pitch and Time Instrument (More Simpler)
Pitch Analysis (Pitch Tracker)
Harmonization (Dual Harmonizer, Multi Harmonizer)
Vocoding (Mono Vocoder, Multi Vocoder)
Intonation correction (Autotuna, Microtuna)
where do i find the new stuff?? (forget it! i found it!)

Post Reply