modifying convolution reverb

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
störgeräusche

modifying convolution reverb

Post by störgeräusche » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:30 pm

Hello

I wonder if someone has the skills to hack the convolution reverb and enable automation and remote control of Size and Dacay, i would love to have access to these functions from push or a midi controller and possibly automate them in session/arrangement.

Thanks
soundcloud
website

Live Suite 9 - Komplete 9 - Waldorf Largo & Edition - Elektron Analog Rytm - Push 1&2- Launch Control & XL -
Adam P33A

prebentious

Re: modifying convolution reverb

Post by prebentious » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:56 pm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-FVML ... sp=sharing

This works for me. Hope it works for you

stkr

Post by stkr » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:12 am

there is a very good reason why those dials are not exposed to automation ;-)

störgeräusche

Post by störgeräusche » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:53 pm

prebentious wrote:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-FVML ... sp=sharing

This works for me. Hope it works for you
thanks man, gonna try it asap. hopefully my gig laptop will cope with the Pro CPU usage :)
soundcloud
website

Live Suite 9 - Komplete 9 - Waldorf Largo & Edition - Elektron Analog Rytm - Push 1&2- Launch Control & XL -
Adam P33A

störgeräusche

Post by störgeräusche » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:53 pm

stkr wrote:there is a very good reason why those dials are not exposed to automation ;-)
I guess so. Care to elaborate?
soundcloud
website

Adam P33A

stkr

Post by stkr » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:14 pm

sorry that was a really lame post i made. i should have explained.

those parameters control non-real-time processes of the convolution engine. you'll notice when you make changes to them with the mouse they momentarily de-activate so that you cannot accidentally interfere with them whilst the non-real-time buffer (memory) re-writing is taking place. this deactivation is reliant on mouse interaction, not external control interaction (i think, i could be wrong).

i.e., those controls affect the actual IR data. this trade off is a necessary part of the zero-latency convolution.

so, if you map them to real-time control, there is the danger that instability could occur. if you are very careful i guess it is not a problem, but the nature of push, for example, is that you may not be looking at the screen and you may turn many knobs together very quickly.

however, i am not an expert in this device, although i have worked with this convolution engine a lot (the external is used in our 'Magnetic' Dub Machines device). so, i could be not entirely in command of the facts!

prebentious is a brilliant m4l patcher, so maybe his mod (which i have not looked at) is clever in some way. i'd be interested to know how the mod goes for you.

thanks.

störgeräusche

Post by störgeräusche » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:28 pm

I quickly loaded the modded version on my laptop and I noticed that a part of the GUI is missing, but I will try it on my studio desktop tomorrow night, where I also have Push- I'll report.
I don't have push at home and my daughter broke my couch-sessions midicontroller ( 8O ) so I only could try to ctrl+M and see that the two params get blue and can assigned to midi.
soundcloud
website

Adam P33A

prebentious

Post by prebentious » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:16 am

I didn't do anything clever, but it works for me, controlled by my iPad. The reverb cuts out when I control a knob, just like with the orignal, but then works fine. Not sure about the missing GUI. If the problem persists, I'll maybe take a closer look

störgeräusche

Post by störgeräusche » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:28 am

everything works fine in the main computer! Push does not detect the 2 parameters but finally i can tweak size and decay with knobs instead of the mouse.
Thanks a lot!
soundcloud
website

Adam P33A