OSCiLLOT

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
kleine

Re: OSCiLLOT

Post by kleine » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:39 pm

Doesn't quite look from the log that you did follow the instructions and deleted the requested files - the files are still there, all dated to 1. Feb. 2015...
Did you are had a call with support? This might clear some things up here.
Do you crash always with the same set? Or with all sets? Does OSCiLLOT crash when you load it?

ivarin

Post by ivarin » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:58 pm

aren't we going to broadcast the full support communication on the public forum? i've done the requested steps and sent you the report.

kleine

Post by kleine » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:42 pm

Working on it.
Additionally, please keep in touch with ableton support.

jbone1313

Post by jbone1313 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:54 am

Try updating your video card drivers. Don't use the automatic updates. Go to the vendor site. Put in your model and get the latest. I did that with my older nVidia, and my M4L issues have finally disappeared. I think M4L might have had some weird incompatibilies with certain video cards and/or older video cards or drivers.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:29 am

Just popping in to say that I'm super glad I invested in this little project! Need to update and see what's new but I'm happy to share that this little wonder has been great for integrating with my analogue modular system via an Expert Sleepers Es-3 (you could use an es-8 as well.) My only request would be to expand the modulation possibilities if you can! It's true that Max for Live can be a little accident prone at times but your effort is well invested. After all Autechre's ultra modern sound is practically built around Max at this point. Thank you, Mr. Kleine. Keep up the good work!

antic604

Post by antic604 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:23 pm

kleine wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:42 pm
Working on it.
Sorry to dig this one up :D

I'm aware you're now working for Ableton, right?
In light of that - any chance OSCiLLOT will be further developed?
Or - ideally - integrated into Live, as a higher-level M4L environment, not unlike Poly/FX/Note Grid in Bitwig? There, I'd estimate more than half of the users use the Grid on a daily basis to build simple synths, FX or tools, because it's fast, easy and doesn't break the music-making flow as most of the complexity is abstracted away. Meanwhile in Live, where M4L is admittedly way more powerful & flexible than Grid, sitting down to M4L feels like a completely alien activity to music-making. Live's performance suddenly takes a nose dive, patching workflow isn't as intuitive as it should be, documentation is full of cryptic, magic "spells" and endless references. OSCiLLOT - from my testing - seemed like a pretty good compromise between ease of use and power / flexibility. Sort of like Reaktor's Blocks is to Core. It would be fantastic to have access to both M4L and OSCiLLOT-like, high-level environment in Live.

kleine

Post by kleine » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:00 am

Hello,

I'm with Ableton since version 0.9.... - I do agree with your thoughts, unfortunately I couldn't make it a priority in the company so far to commit to a M4L based framework like Oscillot, so It is a 'hobby' project of mine. I hope I find time to continue on it...