M4L device Multimapper - renaming dials

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
pedx1ng

M4L device Multimapper - renaming dials

Post by pedx1ng » Sat May 02, 2015 10:55 pm

Hi,

Quick summary: I'm using Multimapper (http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... pper32midi), in a Drum Rack to map to volume, pan, and sends per cell so that I can access those easily via Push. Unfortunately, once you've mapped the dials, the names don't update on Push, so you will see still "Macro A1" and "Macro A2", and so on.

My question: I know nothing about programming M4L, but I was wondering if it is possible to easily edit the patch and hard code the dial names and save it as an alternate patch. Then I would use that patch specifically in Drum Rack cells.

I did take a quick peek under the hood, and I'm not particularly hopeful that I can manage it on my own. So if someone could have a look and let me know if it's possible I'd appreciate it!

Thanks

mothergarage

Re: M4L device Multimapper - renaming dials

Post by mothergarage » Sun May 03, 2015 9:08 am

I uploaded an altered device with instructions how to edit to my dropbox. If any more questions arise, feel free to ask.

Basically you have to edit the "Short Name" of the dials in the Inspector.

download
home | sound | twitter | m4l
Windows 10 64bit - Live 11.0.6 - M4L 8 - RME Babyface/iConnectAUDIO4+

pedx1ng

Post by pedx1ng » Sun May 03, 2015 2:27 pm

mothergarage wrote:I uploaded an altered device with instructions how to edit to my dropbox. If any more questions arise, feel free to ask.

Basically you have to edit the "Short Name" of the dials in the Inspector.
Now that is what I call support! Fantastic, thank you! It worked beautifully.

Citizen

Post by Citizen » Wed May 06, 2015 4:03 am

I'm looking at possibly integrating this device into my workflow – how is the stability?

Also, on Push – how does one access all 32 parameters? Is it the 'IN' and 'OUT' buttons on Push?

mothergarage

Post by mothergarage » Wed May 06, 2015 2:11 pm

Citizen wrote:I'm looking at possibly integrating this device into my workflow – how is the stability?

Also, on Push – how does one access all 32 parameters? Is it the 'IN' and 'OUT' buttons on Push?
Yes, you have to press In/Out to access all parameters, just like with any device.

I haven't had any complaints about stability issues, so I guess it's fine.
home | sound | twitter | m4l
Windows 10 64bit - Live 11.0.6 - M4L 8 - RME Babyface/iConnectAUDIO4+

Citizen

Post by Citizen » Thu May 07, 2015 4:30 am

Cool - I think I will be integrating this into my racks, templates and workflow!