I've installed Max for Live but it does not show in my Live

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
ElGarzita

I've installed Max for Live but it does not show in my Live

Post by ElGarzita » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:42 am

So i bought Max for Live, i have Ableton Live 9 Standard edition and bought the offer of 30% off M4L and downloaded it from the Software page in my profile,
I installed Max 32 bit and started Live, for a brief second M4L shows listed on top of PLUGINS in the Top left section of Live but it disappears completeley after 2 seconds with no error message,
in Live Preferences> Files/Folders i cant see it listed there to assign the folder location either.
I uninstalled both Live and M4L and reinstalled them this time as 64 bit, same thing, M4L shows for one second and then disappears, using MacOSX Yosemite,
I am very very disappointed, as I have spent now 4 hours trying to install, I have the Console up and running looking for error messages but there is nothing.
i tried installing a M4L pack to see if i got any error messages but again, nothing
there is no Live image installation on the desktop while i try to install Max
I can actually run Max separately in Demo mode with absolutely no issues, just Live will not "accept" that it is indeed installed
Live Version 9.1.9,
M4L Version 6.1.10
Please if someone could help me that would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I will ask for my money back, I should have just gone ahead and gotten Usine instead of Max/MSP... sigh...

stringtapper

Re: I've installed Max for Live but it does not show in my Live

Post by stringtapper » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:22 pm

You need to contact Ableton's tech support directly. This is a user to user forum and while they occasionally check the forums it's not the place for official tech support.

Just curious, you did go through process of entering your serial number for the M4L license, right?

The Max For Live tab disappearing in your library is certainly not normal and nothing I've ever encountered. Same specs as yours (except I'm using Max 7).
Unsound Designer

ElGarzita

Re: I've installed Max for Live but it does not show in my Live

Post by ElGarzita » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:54 pm

thanks for your response, I have indeed tried to contact Ableton via email and phone with no response.
I cant even get to the serial step, since the MaxForLive icon disappears immediately after start up.
I was just hoping this was a known issue and someone in the forums would know a solution.
I have tried MacOsAudio, KVR and Gearslutz forums with no success either