7.0.4 crashing Live on load

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
lnikj

7.0.4 crashing Live on load

Post by lnikj » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Max is crashing Live (64) on load for me (OS X 10.8.5).

I haven't tried any previous version of Max 7, but the standalone runs fine. However, it (7.0.4) crashes both 9.2 and 9.1.10 on loading any device.

mreid

Re: 7.0.4 crashing Live on load

Post by mreid » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:56 am

I had a similar problem but managed to find a fix. The problem seemed to have something to do with my default template which included M4L devices. Live opened fine in 9.2 before I set its preferences to point at M4L 7. After I set it to M4L 7 Live would just crash.

The fix was to delete the default template I had. If you have set a default template with M4L devices, find it in `User Library/Templates/` and move it out of there or delete it. Once I did that, Live 9.2 stopped crashing.

Hope that helps.

lnikj

Post by lnikj » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:01 am

mreid wrote:I had a similar problem but managed to find a fix. The problem seemed to have something to do with my default template which included M4L devices. Live opened fine in 9.2 before I set its preferences to point at M4L 7. After I set it to M4L 7 Live would just crash.

The fix was to delete the default template I had. If you have set a default template with M4L devices, find it in `User Library/Templates/` and move it out of there or delete it. Once I did that, Live 9.2 stopped crashing.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for replying. Not the problem in my case though. I have tried wiping out all preferences, config files etc and starting from a clean reinstall.

Live opens fine, but as soon as I add any M4L device it crashes.

Quez

Post by Quez » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:40 pm

I also had the crash problem on Mavericks due to not having Java 6 SE installed & having M4Live devices in the start-up set.

Not wanting to lose my template (which is also set-up for Rewire use), after some time, I was able to get in Live pref before it crashed and changed it back to Max 6.