A Sense of Urgency? Unable to use Oscillot

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Wavemonk

A Sense of Urgency? Unable to use Oscillot

Post by Wavemonk » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:26 pm

We are now on Live 9.2.1 and M4L 7.0.5. And I still accumulate crash reports at a rate that has gotten me to a point where I just don't bother and simply delete them once in a while. Most, if not all, of them are related to the attempted use of OSCiLLOT.

Recently we heard of breakthrough discoveries related to M4L/OSCiLLOT to stability. But, curiously, OSCiLLOT is still version 1.0.4. And has been so for a long time considering that the pack is still on the verge of useless. Unable as it is to load its own save files without crashing and bringing down Live with it.

Now before people chime in and suggest that I re-install Live/OSCiLLOT/my operating system, vacuum clean the motherboard or format and/or defragment the harddrive, and other pieces of advice, I will just mention for the sake of focus ITT that I am on a clean install of Windows 10, Live 9.2.1, and OSCiLLOT 1.0.4. And I am not looking for help, really. Everything else I have, including Live with other packs and plugins, runs perfectly and rock steady.

What fascinates me is the seemingly total lack of a sense of urgency with Ableton and Max for Cats. I bought the OSCiLLOT pack in February 2015, and it is still not functioning as advertised.

[title edited and thread moved to the M4L forum... better to catch Chrisitan's (the max for cats dev) attention. Julien]

CFM

Re: A Sense of Urgency?

Post by CFM » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:47 pm

Strangely Ableton 9 with Max for me was very stable.

However, since upgrading to 9.2.1 this seems to have brought in the crashes again when using Max.

pinkpaint

Re: A Sense of Urgency?

Post by pinkpaint » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:55 pm

if your having oscillot issues.. just email the crash report to the max for cats developer.. he's an ableton dev so he knows how to take a look at it to make improvements.

[nis]

Re: A Sense of Urgency? Unable to use Oscillot

Post by [nis] » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:31 am

Hi, these crashes are happening on Max 7. We have just recently managed to identify the root cause of the issue and have an update for Oscillot on the way. Should be available very soon. Probably this week. In the meantime, you could roll back to Max 6.1.10. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,
Nico

Slyte

Re: A Sense of Urgency? Unable to use Oscillot

Post by Slyte » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:09 pm

Wavemonk wrote:We are now on Live 9.2.1 and M4L 7.0.5. And I still accumulate crash reports at a rate that has gotten me to a point where I just don't bother and simply delete them once in a while. Most, if not all, of them are related to the attempted use of OSCiLLOT.

Recently we heard of breakthrough discoveries related to M4L/OSCiLLOT to stability. But, curiously, OSCiLLOT is still version 1.0.4. And has been so for a long time considering that the pack is still on the verge of useless. Unable as it is to load its own save files without crashing and bringing down Live with it.

Now before people chime in and suggest that I re-install Live/OSCiLLOT/my operating system, vacuum clean the motherboard or format and/or defragment the harddrive, and other pieces of advice, I will just mention for the sake of focus ITT that I am on a clean install of Windows 10, Live 9.2.1, and OSCiLLOT 1.0.4. And I am not looking for help, really. Everything else I have, including Live with other packs and plugins, runs perfectly and rock steady.

What fascinates me is the seemingly total lack of a sense of urgency with Ableton and Max for Cats. I bought the OSCiLLOT pack in February 2015, and it is still not functioning as advertised.

[title edited and thread moved to the M4L forum... better to catch Chrisitan's (the max for cats dev) attention. Julien]
Dude, you are not alone. I am so frustated with Oscillot. It crashes EVERYfu..ing time .
I just do not use it at all anymore in my productions...