Isotonik Studios Presents - NoisR FX by Audio Outlaw

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
S4racen

Isotonik Studios Presents - NoisR FX by Audio Outlaw

Post by S4racen » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:27 am

Hi All,

Today we've released the latest MaxforLive device from Audio Outlaw, the follow up to the massively popular NoisR Noise Generator effect....

Here's a taster of what's involved in this Multi FX Processor...

The individual modules also have a lot to offer on their own:

Oscillator – On-board noise generators of several types and the four standard waveforms

MIDI control utility – allows the user to control the oscillator or other effects using MIDI

Filter – a smooth, multi-mode filter that can be modulated by an on-board cycling ADSR

Auto-Gate – an ADSR-shapeable tremolo-like effect which can operate at creepingly slow or lightning fast speeds.

Overdrive – a beefy saturation module that includes an auto-ducking feature which adjusts the overdrive level in response to transients. The auto-ducking sounds great and really smooths out the distortion.

Flange – Standard flange effect with a wide range of tempo-synced speeds for soaring phase effects or wobbly chorus-style sounds.

Ring Modulator – A pseudo-ringmod that uses a short delay with high feedback to produce a pitched ringing effect along with your sound input.

Pitch Shift – A simple pitch shifter with a mix knob for harmonies, a reset button and a pitch knob.

Echo – standard echo effect with optional reverse mode. Can be synced to master rate

Reverb – A huge, lush reverb with hipass and lopass filters, and a freeze button for infinite reverb

Limiter – a one-knob limiter lets the user easily reduce output peaks if desired

All of these syncing together in a dynamic routing network and a stunning interface make for one serious effects unit!

More Information Here!!

http://isotonikstudios.com/audio-outlaw/noisr-suite/

Demo Video - https://vimeo.com/132744383

Cheers
D

S4racen

Re: Isotonik Studios Presents - NoisR FX by Audio Outlaw

Post by S4racen » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:33 pm

The walkthrough of the Multi FX Section, each effect can be re-ordered or processed in parallel...

www.vimeo.com/132918920

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:55 am

In this video Antonio Sage demonstrates using NoisR FX with an expression pedal to create that classic Wah effect...

https://vimeo.com/133173163

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:15 am

Demonstrating the use of the Filter...

https://vimeo.com/132918918

Cheers
D

soundsliketree

Post by soundsliketree » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:22 pm

Exciting-looking plug-in!
I'm wondering about CPU. One advantage of Live's built in effects is that disabling them eliminates their CPU use, but this is not true for Max for Live, is it? When enabling or disabling sections of the NoisR effects, does the CPU footprint change?

Is there anyway you can convey how hungry this plugin is? I would love to demo it by I haven't found an option for that - does one exist?
Thanks for your help!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:06 pm

You can see the NoisR plug in in effect in the various videos on our site, at the moment Ableton are running a giveaway competition on their Facebook page for a lifetime of membership to our complete release library!

I'll have to test when i'm next at home to see if the CPU footprint changes....

The demo version of NoisR FX is the free NoisR device, unfortunately Maxforlive prevents us from doing demo's as we can't limit their usage by time or license...

Cheers
D

soundsliketree

Post by soundsliketree » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Thanks for the response.
When you do your test, if you could also note the difference in CPU % when disabling/enabling the device that would be helpful as well. I suppose your computer specs would also be useful in that regard, if you don't mind offering them.
Thanks!

jonbenderr

Post by jonbenderr » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:35 pm

soundsliketree wrote: I'm wondering about CPU. One advantage of Live's built in effects is that disabling them eliminates their CPU use, but this is not true for Max for Live, is it?
Not sure of this plugin's ability to dynamically reduce cpu load, but it is possible within a max device to do so.

Antonio Sage

Post by Antonio Sage » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:48 pm

Soundsliketree, thanks so much for your interest in NoisR FX. Regarding CPU consumption we are focused on keeping our devices as lean as possible.
NoisR FX is a multi FX device so indeed it will be more processor hungry then the individual standard Ableton effects. How much of course depends on your particular system. It is no different then most effects plug ins that feature an Autogate, Filter, Reverb, Overdrive, Pitch Shifter, Flanger, Reverb, Delay , Waveform Generator and Limiter (Wait there are no other devices that offer all of these features in one package, for under $25!!!). By it's very nature it will be more ambitious on your computer. That said, my computer is a Mid 2012 2.3 Core i7 with 8 gigs of ram running Yosemite 10.10.4. Ableton Live 9! You can see in my videos that I am running NoisR FX fine. In one video I am even running multiple instances!
Every module in NoisR FX will be off by default (except the Autogate actually) until you raise the volume then the individual effect will turn on. Once activated the CPU hit is marginal but will increase with every module you turn on.

The purchase of NoisR FX buys you into free updates and we are keen on making our devices less and less hungry and way cooler (-:
That reminds me, we are working hard on a version of NoisR FX that might be of particular interest to folks that have CPU concerns.

I cannot say too much but throw a hint. It will be more in line with the individual Ableton FX you mentioned (-;

Oh, and it will be free for NoisR FX customers!

Booyah!