Using the step sequencer from the big three pack

Questions and discussion about building and using Max for Live devices
frontmanbeats

Using the step sequencer from the big three pack

Post by frontmanbeats » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:53 pm

Hello

I'm using the step sequencer that comes with the big three bundle and have some questions.

1. How do I make the sequencer react to the play button on the clip. It seems it will play no matter if the clips is started or not ?
2. How do i record this device. If I play notes in the sequencer and hit the record button it will not record anything...

JDFS

Re: Using the step sequencer from the big three pack

Post by JDFS » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:33 pm

1. Transport should be set to Sync;
2. Create new MIDI Track, click I/O and in the "MIDI From" section choose the channel with the Mono Sequencer on it. Put Monitor to In, Arm the track and record you go!

frontmanbeats

Post by frontmanbeats » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:35 am

frontmanbeats wrote:Hello

I'm using the step sequencer that comes with the big three bundle and have some questions.

1. How do I make the sequencer react to the play button on the clip. It seems it will play no matter if the clips is started or not ?
2. How do i record this device. If I play notes in the sequencer and hit the record button it will not record anything...
Thanks that but I still am a bit confused.

1. Can you explain where I find these settings ?
2. I tried your what you suggested. Now the armed midi track will record midi notes played by the sequencer track. But without sound because there is no instrument loaded on this track.. Hope you follow me here ?

frontmanbeats

Post by frontmanbeats » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:52 am

I figured 2. out. I just needed to add a synth to the newly created MIDI track : )