Some comments please - New M4L device

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
chillhuman

Some comments please - New M4L device

Post by chillhuman » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:42 pm

I created a M4L device called RecPanner. It's a utility that will watch over the current track to handle auto-panning. When the track is recording, RecPanner centers the track's panning, once the track is done recording RecPanner pans the track to the target panning. I use "metro" as a periodic timer to inject events that cause all of this to happen, but if there is a way to just listen for a record event I could make this much more elegant.

For me, this patch is useful because I do a one-man-band type of thing, so I generally record everything centered but want the computer to move the sound out of the way for the next layer once recording is done. Anyway, if some of the more experienced M4L programmers could take a look and give me some notes, I would be very appreciative!

Also, does anyone know how to generate the characters view that you can do "New from Clipboard"? I just started actually trying to learn M4L yesterday, so I'm a total newb, but I do software as my job so it hasn't been too terribly difficult.

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/index ... =RecPanner

synnack

Re: Some comments please - New M4L device

Post by synnack » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:19 am

chillhuman wrote:
Also, does anyone know how to generate the characters view that you can do "New from Clipboard"? I just started actually trying to learn M4L yesterday, so I'm a total newb, but I do software as my job so it hasn't been too terribly difficult.
If you want to see that you can select all in your patch and just paste it into a text editor and you'll see it.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

chapelier fou

Re: Some comments please - New M4L device

Post by chapelier fou » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:32 am

You can use an input track, and pre-pan you recording tracks.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1