Project does not open after Max upgrade

Questions and discussion about building and using Max for Live devices
Post Reply
Pasha
Posts: 3238
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:45 pm
Location: Lost Island
Contact:

Project does not open after Max upgrade

Post by Pasha » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:26 pm

Live latest (9.2.3) with Max 4 Live 7.0.6

I had a Project with convolution reverb pro as a Return Track.
On Opening endless beachball (Mac OS X Mavericks).
Then I redirected Live 9.2.3. to old Max 4 Live 6.1 and I was able to open the project again, remove the convolution reverb pro and resave
Now after opening with Live 9.2.3 and Max 4 Live 7.0.6 convolution reverb pro load again and so is the project but it still takes more time than M4L 6.x

Anyone with the same issue?

Best
Pasha
Apple Desktop / Laptop
Live 9 Suite,Zebra 2.6,Guitar, Bass, VG99, JV1010 and some controllers
______________________________________
Music : http://alonetone.com/pasha

ShelLuser
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:26 pm
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands

Re: Project does not open after Max upgrade

Post by ShelLuser » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:04 pm

Just tried to reproduce this on Windows but it behaves normally for me. I put the reverb onto Return A and set it to 100% wet, then Analog on track 2 and send some onto the Sends-A. Saved the project, quit Live, restarted and reloaded and no issues.

However, I am using Windows so that might make a difference.
With kind regards,

Peter

Using the 'Power' Trio: Live 10 Suite (+ Push & Max 8 ), Reason 10 and Maschine Mk3 (+ the ultimate Komplete 12).
Blog: SynthFan (under heavy construction!)

Pasha
Posts: 3238
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:45 pm
Location: Lost Island
Contact:

Re: Project does not open after Max upgrade

Post by Pasha » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:00 am

ShelLuser wrote:Just tried to reproduce this on Windows but it behaves normally for me. I put the reverb onto Return A and set it to 100% wet, then Analog on track 2 and send some onto the Sends-A. Saved the project, quit Live, restarted and reloaded and no issues.

However, I am using Windows so that might make a difference.
Thanks. I have to revert Max to 6.x so that all projects open.
All those projects are Live 9 about 8 to 6 months old. I was looking into unfinished materials..
I have to open the Project with Max 6.x then save it again with 9.2.3 and then I can open with Max 7.. strange but I was hit several times yesterday.
I guess it's Live 9.2.3 not Max...

Best Regards
Pasha
Apple Desktop / Laptop
Live 9 Suite,Zebra 2.6,Guitar, Bass, VG99, JV1010 and some controllers
______________________________________
Music : http://alonetone.com/pasha

Quez
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Project does not open after Max upgrade

Post by Quez » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:09 am

I can't use Max 7 at all. It just crashes Ableton on start-up. The latest versions of both don't change anything. I'm trying to revert back Live to Max 6.1

edit: just tried with a blank set and if I try to load a M4L devices (for exemple, convo reverb), it crashes instantly.

kleine
Posts: 1850
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2001 11:46 am
Location: ableton
Contact:

Re: Project does not open after Max upgrade

Post by kleine » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:56 am

If you use e.g. Convolution Reverb in your Template set, you might remove it, install the pack, re-add it to your Template set.
If you experience a Crash, support@ableton.com will sort you out.

Best,
c

Quez
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Project does not open after Max upgrade

Post by Quez » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:10 am

kleine wrote:If you use e.g. Convolution Reverb in your Template set, you might remove it, install the pack, re-add it to your Template set.
If you experience a Crash, support@ableton.com will sort you out.

Best,
c
Thanks Klein, i'll try re-installing it.
I have sent crash reports but no emails to support yet.

edit: Still doesn't work. I'm contacting support for help, hopefully.

pskept
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:58 pm
Location: here now

Re: Project does not open after Max upgrade

Post by pskept » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:43 pm

Pasha wrote:Thanks. I have to revert Max to 6.x so that all projects open.
All those projects are Live 9 about 8 to 6 months old. I was looking into unfinished materials..
I have to open the Project with Max 6.x then save it again with 9.2.3 and then I can open with Max 7.. strange but I was hit several times yesterday.
I guess it's Live 9.2.3 not Max...
I've been experiencing exactly what you describe since Max 7 came out. I'm also on Windows.

Post Reply